Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 90 nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services and app, focusing on areas such as infrastructure, UX design or security to name a few.
What you'll get to do:
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering organization consisting of 3-8 team members.
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in your own team and cross teams.
- Scope and own a problem space, articulate and develop fact based argumentation and present it to senior management or CXOs, develop vision and mission statement.
- Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships between product, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains.
- Influence and drive software design discussions.
- Translate business needs into capability build up and hiring plans in own team.
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting, developing and retaining great engineering talent.
- Act swiftly to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities and steer the team accordingly.
- Manage the budget for the team and dependencies.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience leading cross functional software engineering teams in a fast paced, delivery focused environment.
- A track record of delivering influential software, preferably in complex business models and high transaction environments.
- Strong people management skills.
Some of the technologies we work with:
- React and React Native
- Node.js and Express.js.
- AWS, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
What we can offer you
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our offices in Stockholm city center.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in contributing back to the open source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English