Observability - System Engineer
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
The Observability Team
Our goal is to improve the online buying experience for our consumers and merchants all over the world.
Our observability team work on the provisioning of internal monitoring, logging and metrics tools for all development teams. They provide high availability high capacity solutions that serve up the most heavily used tools at Klarna.
We're looking to add another member to our team as we take on more services and responsibilities.
You should get in touch with us if you would enjoy:
- Working with development teams in an advisory capacity to optimise usage of monitoring and logging tools across Klarna.
- Digging into Linux based operating systems.
- Working with a range of monitoring and logging tools including op5 Monitor, Splunk and Graphite.
- Doing this at scale during rapid growth in an organisation that fully utilise the feature set and capabilities of the tools in use
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 45 different countries in our English speaking office in Stockholm city centre.
- Compensation - You’ll get an attractive salary, pension and insurance plans, along with 30 days annual leave.
- Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
- Family - We offer a flexible work schedule and parental leave compensation.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world. We’re a team of technically curious problem solvers. Come and join us.
We value open source, here’s some of our work - https://github.com/klarna
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
Unfortunately we're unable to offer relocation support for this position.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.