Senior Product Designer
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Who you are
Klarna is looking for ambitious, independent people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level, and you should desire to go above and beyond to help make that happen! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
What you will do
Your work will mostly revolve around the design on the new consumer banking experience that our users will have in the future.
Together with the team you will define a new way, a smoooth way, of banking within Europe.
You will work closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate high-level strategy into great designs.
More specifically what you will do
- Define consumer banking for the next generation; in Germany and the rest of Europe
- Do user research for future consumer banking products
- Sketch out rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas
- Iterate on these ideas and build clickable prototypes that can be used for internal reviews and user tests
- Conduct user tests to get real-world input and iterate on the designs and concepts you and the team are working on
- Develop the final user experience of these products
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent UI and experience across the entire Klarna customer journey
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
You should have
- A strong interest in understanding the consumer for each market that we operate in
- A strong understanding of user experience, interaction design and visual design (2-3 years of experience)
- Experience with designing high-quality interfaces and experiences
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and project managers
- Able to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as InVision, Framer or FlintoWorking proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Communication skills in verbal and written German
- Passionate about motion design and transitions
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication
- Experience from working in fintech
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We recommend you to submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna.
Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences.
As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.