Security Engineering Manager
Boston, MA /
Engineering – Site Reliability /
Klaviyo is a Boston startup located right in the heart of downtown Boston. We craft software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We love taking on tough engineering problems and look for full stack engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
Klaviyo is looking for Security Engineering Manager to take ownership of building/implementing security tooling and defenses, identifying areas for improvement, and helping mature the information security program. You’ll hire and lead a team of security engineers, to help ensure we secure our internal and customer’s information to the highest standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design/implement solutions using open-source/third party tools and automation focused on the detection and prevention of security threats.
- Build out alerting for indicators of compromise and suspicious activities - continually test, review and update alerting for continual improvement
- Perform security reviews of production infrastructure - document the remediation roadmap
- Support incident response by investigating security incidents
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 6+ years of hands on security engineering experience in securing products that matter in the cloud
- Understand techniques, tools and procedures used by bad actors and how to identify/ defend against threats
- Posses detailed knowledge of security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Have built and coached teams to be better security engineers
- Like working on small, autonomous agile team. At Klaviyo, you will have ownership of security features, but you'll collaborate with everyone to make sure we produce implement the right solutions.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
No phone calls or agency submissions, please.