Learning and Development Manager
Success and Support – Success
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for the growth and development of members of the Customer Success and Support teams. As the founding member of this learning and development team, this position will be responsible for creating a comprehensive customer success training program from the ground up. This will principally consist of trainings in the following areas for both new hires and tenured team members: Klaviyo product knowledge, communication skills, marketing knowledge, and account management skills. This role will be pivotal in enhancing and improving the learning experience for all our employees.
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
If this sounds like your ideal place to work, drop us a note!
- You develop, with Success/Support leadership, a curriculum for continuing to develop the team’s skills
- Create a framework and processes to scale the training program
- Create and manage the scheduling of training sessions
- Collaborate with managers through our biannual review process, on matching training resources to developing team members.
- Evaluate individual development needs and create a system for individual development plans for team members
- Conduct seminars, workshops, or individual training sessions as needs are determined
- Prepare training materials such as facilitator guides, job aids, module summaries, videos etc.
- Develop requirements for future in-house training facilities and equipment
- Passion and commitment for the field of learning & development
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar
- Experience working in a fast-paced learning and work environment, and picking up new technology quickly
- Experience with using and driving adoption of Learning Management Systems
- Experience facilitating trainings in person and on-demand for adult learners
- Experience writing learning objectives, with corresponding activities and assessments of the learner and organizing them into guides and training materials
- You’re a self-starter – you set your own goals and go after them passionately,
- Great communicator – people feel at ease with you.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Exceptional at delivering coaching and feedback
- Proficiency using learning and development models such as ADDIE, Bloom's Taxonomy, and ROPES
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus but not required
- Previous experience in customer success or support, or training those roles is also desired