L&D Specialist, Customer Support
Success and Support – Support
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth. It’s what we help our customers do, grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing. It’s how we behave as individuals and we’re all deeply passionate about learning. It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast. And it’s what our culture is all about.
Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Why You Should Join the Learning and Development Team
Klaviyo is looking for an L&D Specialist to work closely with our Customer Support leaders to analyze, design, develop, and implement learning programs for our team of Product Experts. This role will report to the Manager of L&D in our Boston office. The L&D Specialist will conduct learning assessments to identify knowledge/skill gaps and engage subject matter experts in the design and focus of new training programs. Learning methods may include instructor-led classes, simulations, mentoring, or on the job training. This role will facilitate both classroom-based and web-based training sessions on a variety of topics including product, systems, soft skills, and technical skills. They are expected to actively contribute to the L&D strategy by mapping out comprehensive training plans to support the evolving needs of our Customer Support teams.
How You Will Make a Difference
Help the Support teams to deliver a great customer experience:
- Partner with Customer Support Team Leads and Managers to identify any programmatic learning and development needs among their teams that could lead to improvements in CSAT, NPS, and service levels.
- Create an L&D curriculum and road map for future training classes including topics like Product updates, E-commerce Integrations, Compliance and Deliverability, Technical Troubleshooting, Internal Systems, and Customer Service Skills.
Manage Klaviyo Product Training Program:
- Work with the Academy team to transition the existing program to L&D.
- Ensure that 100% of Klaviyos participate and successfully pass their product training.
- Conduct daily instructor-led training sessions covering overviews of how the Klaviyo product works.
- Assess trainees to measure progress and to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
- Report on the progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Continually evaluate and update the existing program and materials to ensure it is accurate and effective.
- Create a train the trainer program that certifies other SME’s to assist with the delivery of Product Training sessions to increase capacity and provide development opportunities.
Provide a great onboarding experience for New Klaviyos:
- Partner with our People Ops team to serve as a facilitator for new Klaviyo onboarding classes as needed.
- Partner with Customer Support leaders to create a department-specific onboarding plan that is coordinated with and complementary to New Klaviylo Onboarding and Customer Experience Program.
- Inventory all existing materials provided to new Product Experts and come up with a plan to update, retire and/or create materials as needed to ensure a simple and clear plan for new Klaviyos joining Support.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar L&D or customer-facing role
- Experience with facilitating training sessions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to design and deliver effective presentations and demonstrations
- A detail-oriented and organized person with strong project and program management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, tech environment
- Passion for helping others to learn and develop