Finance – Finance
Klaviyo is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be a key contributor to the Corporate Accounting team. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and involve frequent interaction and coordination with colleagues in the FP&A, compliance, HR, and other teams to ensure appropriate accounting treatment and classification. As a part of the Accounting Team, you will drive corporate accounting functions, including assisting with general ledger accounting and reporting, preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations, annual reporting functions, and technical accounting analysis.
How you will make a difference:
- Drive and support the month end close process, including preparing and reviewing relevant journal entries, performing balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations, and performing account analysis on period over period account fluctuations.
- Ensure general ledger appropriately reflects all financial transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Participate in various accounting system automation and enhancement projects to promote more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Review staff accountant work and support team growth.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month-end close.
- Assist with drafting and tie out of annual financial reporting and other ad hoc reporting.
- Support the external audit firm with year-end audit requests and with other ongoing audit requirements.
- Conduct technical accounting research and assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting related roles.
- CPA experience and Big Four public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Technology and SaaS industry experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel capabilities required; experience with ERP tools preferred.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while continuing to meet goals and
- deadlines for ongoing tasks, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify errors and root causes of errors, and develop workable solutions or
- alternatives to avoid errors going forward.
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools and manage projects to
- promote system improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and coaching staff strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all
- organizational levels and departments.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.