Engineering – Product
Engineering at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a Boston startup located right in the heart of downtown Boston. We craft software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We love taking on tough engineering problems and look for full stack engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
What you’ll be doing:
- Wholly owning features that thousands of our customers rely on daily to reach 100,000,000+ of consumers to drive their business forward.
- Working on crafting our highly scalable real-time data pipeline that processes billions of events weekly across data sets growing to petabyte scale.
- Working on deep analytics system that provides insight into hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Be responsible for the mission, technical direction and operations of projects that have immediate impact.
- Helping architect and design robust and high performance data processing and storage systems leveraging new databases to serve different internal and external use cases. Contribute to open source data processing technologies.
- Contributing to the company as a subject matter expert in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience building products that matter and pushing yourself and your team to be better engineers and build a product with passionate advocates
- Enjoy working with new technologies ranging from the frontend to backend, and are particularly passionate and an expert in multiple stack areas. You show this by having strong and opinionated experience with various technologies and know how to pick the right tool for any job
- Love digging into performance and scalability issues to drive breakthrough solutions-- whether it's a slow loading UI or too many clicks in a workflow, a database query timing out, or a queue that just won’t drain. You recognize all problems can be solved
- Enjoy shipping code early & often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management to craft better software by soliciting feedback from thousands of end users
- Like working on small, autonomous agile teams. At Klaviyo, you will have ownership of features, but you'll collaborate with everyone to make sure we produce the right solution
Technologies we use
Python, Django, Celery
MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis
Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.)Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and other DevOps tools
Life at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
No phone calls or agency submissions, please.