Product Management – Product Managment
At Klaviyo, marketers know that "sending the right message to the right people at the right time" is the key to getting better results. We believe the key reason behind irrelevant marketing isn’t the people; it’s the tools they have to work with. Despite the explosion in Marketing Technology, the products that let marketers communicate with people in a truly relevant, engaging way are either a pain in the ass to use or missing important features.
That’s where Klaviyo comes in. Klaviyo helps marketers drive more sales with super-targeted, highly relevant email, Facebook, and Instagram marketing.
We have thousands of paying customers, we're profitable, and we're growing very quickly. If you care about making marketing relevant so it drives meaningful business results, we want to meet you!
About the Role
Klaviyo is a product driven company, and we’re passionate about user experience and design.
The Product Designer will join a team and be involved in every aspect of the product conceptualization and development process. Responsibilities range from brainstorming the next great product, prototyping the experience, pairing with engineering and product management during agile development, tweaking pixels right before launch, and working with customers to perform usability testing. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and – individually – you will own the experience for at least one area/feature of the Klaviyo product.
You’ll additionally work with the design team to improve the overall user experience of the Klaviyo product as well as its individual interaction patterns and components. On top of that, you will work to grow the quality of the product as well as the design capabilities of the company and agile teams.
This position is full-time and based in Boston.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base
- Contribute to the company and product style guide
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple (fewer clicks and screens is better) for our main product and our mobile applications
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and leadership teams
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Pair with design resources on marketing and other teams to ensure consistency across Klaviyo web properties and initiatives
- Help grow the Product Design/UX TeamGive, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Have 2 or more years working as a designer in a tech/product company or agency operating in an agile software development process
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design process, inspiration and decisions)
- Strong visual design skills and a good eye. You push the boundaries of visual and interaction design
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build' and ‘how we will know customers love it’)
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software and iterating over time
- Experience designing in Sketch and Invision
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Experience developing or working within a design system
- Experience working with marketing technology products or Ecommerce businesses
- Experience utilizing CSS (LESS/SASS) and for building responsive applications
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.)