Accounts Payable Specialist
Finance – Finance
As the Accounts Payable Specialist at Klaviyo, you will actively contribute to the growth and development of the Accounts Payable and Finance functions, including creation of and adherence to company policies and internal controls, liaising with teams across the organization and external vendor contacts, and attention to detail allowing accurate, timely financial reporting. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with the entire accounting team and with other department stakeholders.
How you will make a difference:
- Lead Accounts Payable efforts, including liaising with members of other teams and locations regarding vendors, invoices, and cash disbursements.
- Review and process vendor invoices with careful attention to detail including amount, business purpose and proper approval, period of service, and appropriate general ledger coding.
- Obtain approvals and support for expenses in adherence with company policy, prior to processing.
- Manage cash balances by monitoring invoices and payment obligations/due dates.
- Initiate regular payments via check runs, ACH, and wire transactions.
- Assist with processing and financial coding for non-vendor purchases including employee travel and expenses and credit card purchases.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and internal controls including vendor management, invoice processing, cash management, and cash disbursements.
- Assist with year-end audit and regulatory efforts including financial statement audit requests and 1099 requests.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Business degrees.
- 1+ year of prior Accounts Payable experience required, preferably in environment supporting multiple entities and multiple locations (both domestic and international).
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience in accounts payable modules, Sage Intacct ERP tool, or purchasing order systems is a plus.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment including ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient while interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others within and outside of Finance team with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven with strong organizational skills.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.