Senior Visual Designer
Marketing – Marketing
We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer who wants to be bold and take chances with design. We’re a small but mighty creative team in Marketing focused on clever problem solving and building a culture of design here at Klaviyo. You will play an important role in that by evolving and advocating for the Klaviyo brand, taking part in team brainstorms, designing in-person and online brand experiences for customer events and workshops, marketing content and reports, and social media.
Your responsibilities include:
Content Design. We make a lot of reports, case studies, guides, training sessions, and more to help ecommerce marketers grow their businesses. You’ll work on all of this — visualizing data and designing intuitive experiences that help users understand and put information to use. You’ll support the visual design standards and brand experience for the Klaviyo blog; ensuring business owners communicate with visual consistently, and developing creative assets and templates to empower the team.
In-person experience branding and events. You’ll work to create a personal experience with our branding by supporting our customers workshop series, events and tradeshows, and our user conference Klaviyo:BOS. You’ll concept engaging and creative event experiences and visual design, help support and create a sense of community between our customers and brand, and ensure consistency between Klaviyo’s online and offline experiences.
Community. Help extend the Klaviyo brand experience outside of the website through design that supports social media and other community initiatives. Design templates and other assets to enable and support the community team. Work with them to concept and design clever new ways to engage the community. Provide design support for initiatives like customer video series so ensure that they meet visual brand standards and are showcased and promoted beautifully.
Swag! We love swag (you can tell from the !) We make it way more fun than just a logo on a shirt. You’ll be working with the team to come up ideas and designs for t-shirts, as well as hats, bags, and just about anything else you can think of getting the Klaviyo brand out in the world.
Getting Started / Key Outcomes
In the first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Understanding of our product and can work to our visual brand standards.
- Familiarize yourself with the creative project management process (project requests, kickoffs, working with the rest of the marketing team to see a project through).
- Have an in depth understanding of our site, community initiatives, content, and blogDesign one content asset, like a guide or ebook from start to finish.
- Worked on at least one swag project (T-shirts, hats, etc).
- Have attended a customer workshop to learn about our customer’s businesses and challenges
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Have worked on a trade shows or customer event; including brainstorming, planning, design and asset delivery.
- Worked on at least one swag project (T-shirts, hats, etc).
- Proactively made improvements to Klaviyo’s social branding, blog experience, and existing content assets.
- Work with the creative team on brand efforts: helping to build a style guide, are producing work that follows it and acting as its defending within the company.
- Are an active contributor to Klaviyo’s dribbble account
Before you hit your first year anniversary, you’ll:
- Worked to build a design resources and libraries for the company at large that support on-brand content creation through the company.
- Created brand consistency and innovative visual design and branding on the Klaviyo Blog and in content pieces.
- Designed at least 3 guides and/or reports that stand out for their design as much as they do their content.
- Worked with the Community Team to improve customer workshop visual design and experience through event swag, presentations, supporting materials, and onsite branding.
- Designed at least 1 highly engaging presence that showcases the Klaviyo brand experience at a major industry event.
- Have been working actively to evolve and expanding branding efforts, as well as producing work that follows it, acting as its defender and advocate within the company and across teams.
- Work with the design teams across the company in furthering design culture at Klaviyo and are an active contributor to Klaviyo’s dribbble account, design blog, and podcasts.
You’re a conceptual thinker. You like big ideas, and figuring out how to bring it to life through visual storytelling. You thrive in fast-moving environments and are impatient about getting your work out into the world. You love collaboration and aren’t afraid to speak up when you have an idea. You’re always learning, from those around you, or by jumping in to figure something out on your own. You are always trying to make something better, more interesting, or more innovative. You won’t settle for what’s “been done”. You’re detail oriented — bad kerning on signs makes your eye twitch. Passionate about the design industry; you’re inspired by design and technology trends, read about other brands and are curious and engaged in the design world... You probably redesign ads on the T in your head - you can’t help it (and it’s better than awkward eye contact, amiright?). You want to work with people that feel the same way.
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth. It’s what we help our customers do: grow their ecommerce businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better email marketing. It’s how we behave as individuals: we’re all deeply passionate about learning. It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast. And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.