Events Coordinator, EMEA
Marketing – Marketing
The Event Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the planning, logistics, and execution of Klaviyo events in EMEA and will report to the Marketing Lead, EMEA. You’ll interact directly with vendors, as well as members of the Klaviyo team who are participating in events. From pre-event planning, logistics, documentation and executing, your role is essential at every step of the process.
Klaviyo events in EMEA will help to drive demand generation and includes intimate dinners, seminars, pop-ups, partner meet ups, tradeshows and also supporting our own customer and staff events in region. You’ll work with various venues, hotels, vendors, our design team, Klaviyo staff, and other key stakeholders during the entire event lifecycle. As well as team up on events with our partners.
You will be reliable, meticulously organized, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines and budgets. You will have strong relationship and project management skills and creative marketing experience. You will be eager and willing to listen, learn, follow, and have a roll-up-your-sleeves collaborative attitude.
This position requires significant travel (UK and Europe).
How You Will Make a Difference
- Sourcing vendors and venues. We host as well as attend multiple events across various cities and countries. You’ll do online and offline research to identify fantastic vendors for us to work with and ideal venues to host our upcoming events. You’ll create comparisons to be presented to the Marketing lead, EMEA that will help with decision-making and coordinate the contracts and invoices at each stage.
- Coordinating logistics. There are lots of moving parts with each of our events - strong project management skills and organization is a must. You will help source venues, hotels, and vendors, along with coordinating swag, shipping, and travel and accommodations. You will be cognisant of the event budget during the entire process and reconcile all contracts and invoices in a timely manner. You will be responsible for helping ensure our events run smoothly and be able to handle situations as they arise professionally and bring them to the attention of the on-site manager or Klaviyo team (when applicable).
- Promotion. Every event needs promotion. You’ll work closely with the Marketing Lead, EMEA, and Email Marketing Manager to come up with campaign ideas, promotional plan, schedule, email copy, and design aesthetic. You’ll also get creative and think of fun social media campaigns to promote events, as well as a social plan during the event.
- Coordinating staff and travel. We send team members from both our EMEA and US office to our events and regularly bring our customers and other ecommerce professionals to speak. You’ll work closely with them to coordinate their travel and related expenses, and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Provide on-site support. You will be responsible for supporting the Marketing lead during events. This could include last minute changes to the agenda, driving promotion or helping with an attendee or staff situation. You are the right-hand man/woman! You will help coordinate vendors during setup and breakdown as well as make sure staff is on time and doing what they are tasked to do.
- Reporting and follow up. You’ll provide feedback and results on attended events as well as set up email nurture campaigns with the Email Marketing Manager and coordinate follow up with the sales teams.
- You’ll hit your own KPIs and targets. You’ll have great experience of marketing and managing the customer journey from opportunity through to renewal, and have experience managing brand messaging and consistency. You will be adept at customer retention and acquisition tactics.
Who You Are
- 2 years of experience running events
- At least 1 year experience in marketing, communications, social media, or facility management
- Undergraduate or graduate degree - preferred majors: Business, Marketing, Programs & Events or Communications.A collaborative “we” attitude and team spirit
- Software proficiency in: MS Suite, Google, Salesforce, social media platforms
- Multi-channel communication skills.Exceptional organization, project coordination, and attention to detail
- Prioritizing effectively and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel within the UK and International (must have valid a Passport)
- You’re naturally organized, energetic, and resourceful, with a can-do attitude
- You see the connection between getting the details right behind the scenes and creating an outstanding experience for event attendees
- You read the fine print
- You welcome last-minute changes and new ideas, particularly when they’ll make an event even better
- You enjoy building relationships across your workplace to develop a foundation for collaboration
- You’re also a clear communicator, incredibly organized, a problem-solver, and someone who enjoys travel
- You take direction well and can listen and learn