Senior Content Strategist
Marketing – Marketing
The Senior Content Strategist is responsible for producing high-quality, relevant, and engaging content to help Klaviyo and its SMB and mid-market customers grow their businesses. S/he will consistently create exceptional, audience-centric content while helping others to create the same high-quality level of content.
You’ll become an expert in ecommerce marketing, and you’ll create both short-form and long-form content in a variety of formats (articles, reports, blog posts, videos, etc.) and for multiple distribution channels (blog, website, etc.). You’ll collaborate closely with fellow members of the marketing team, sales, customer success, as well as our customers to tell compelling stories across all forms of content in support of various marketing initiatives.
Content is at the cornerstone of our plan to build awareness for Klaviyo and to grow our community, so you’ll be playing a critical role in the growth of our business and in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals.
The successful candidate is first and foremost a marketer, and an exceptional writer, storyteller, and communicator. You have a strong understanding of the content marketing landscape, and you understand how to distill complex ideas into easily understandable content, identify and develop great content ideas, and keep the quality of content consistent with Klaviyo’s brand.
You’ll be part of the Content Marketing team and you’ll report to Klaviyo’s Managing Editor.
Some things you’ll do as a Senior Content Strategist:
- Pitch ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, what differences and similarities exist across segments and personas, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for highly engaging content that’ll help SMB and mid-market ecommerce marketers and business leaders solve business problems and grow their business.
- Create engaging content. You’ll spend the bulk of your time creating amazing content across all formats and channels that helps SMB and mid-market ecommerce marketers and business leaders use their data and their own marketing channels better.
- Manage content projects. In addition to creating content, you’ll collaborate with fellow teammates and manage the process for producing your content projects from start to finish—from ideation to distribution.
- Maintain the tone and quality of content. You’ll assist in the editing process and help to ensure relevance and consistency across all the content we produce.
- Mentor fellow creators. You’ll be a go-to resource for fellow content strategists, marketers, and Klaviyos on what good content is and what it isn’t. You’ll coach others on content standards, help them shape their ideas into high-quality content, and help them up their game with every new piece they create.
- Monitor performance. You’ll collaborate with the team to keep an eye on and share the performance of our content—how it’s being consumed, what’s resonating, what’s driving results, etc—and you’ll use data to optimize our content efforts fast.
In your first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Come up to speed on our audience, market, product, and company
- Spoken to at least 10 prospective or current users
- Pitched at least 5 content ideas
- Created and published at least 1 new piece of content
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Mastered Klaviyo’s editorial style
- Attended at least 1 Klaviyo-sponsored event
- Helped us execute our cadence of near-daily blog posts; monthly content projects; and quarterly high-value/evergreen projects
- Helped to further develop Klaviyo’s network of internal and external contributors
In the first year, you’ll have:
- Become a subject matter expert in ecommerce marketing
- Helped us hit a 6x growth rates for email subscribers
- Contributed to a 3x traffic growth from content across platforms
- Set us up to regularly hear from ecommerce marketers about how much better they are at their jobs because of our content
- You’re a rock-star marketer, writer, editor, and content coach.
- You’re a naturally gifted storyteller and you deeply enjoy using words and stories to create high-quality content that helps solve business problems.
- You think about the story first and the format second.
- You’re curious by nature, you love creating content that makes an impact, and you’re energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- You have at least six years of professional experience in digital marketing, preferably with experience marketing to fellow marketers.
Klaviyo is a high growth Boston startup that prides itself on building a large, fast-moving, and sustainable business. Our marketing software is helping more than 18,000 innovative ecommerce brands get better at connecting with their customers. We’re deeply passionate about learning, solving tough problems, and helping one another level up in all things. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would. You’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible. And you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are. If this sounds like your ideal place to work, drop us a note!