Office Community Manager
People Operations – Office Experience
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth. It’s what we help our customers do, grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing. It’s how we behave as individuals and we’re all deeply passionate about learning. It’s how we manage our business: we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable, and we’re growing insanely fast. And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible, and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
About the Role
An Office Community Manager is the primary point of contact for Klaviyos and is the “face” of Klaviyo at our UK HQ. We are looking for another dynamic and adaptable Office Manager to help support Klaviyo’s exciting growth and expansion. As a key member of the People Operations team, you will have a rare opportunity to build deep relationships with some of the most brilliant minds in the London tech industry!
In your role, you will partner directly with the People Operations team to create innovative and modern company-wide traditions and ensure Klaviyo spaces are up to our high standards. This role is critical, serving as an important liaison between our Klaviyos, Facilities, and our merchants and agencies.. By utilising and developing key and unique skills, as well as the freedom to come to the table with fresh ideas and novel solutions, you will be fostering a culture of POSSIBLE. Having fun is just the cherry on top. Sound good? Keep reading!!
Goals & Objectives:
Creation of a collaborative environment amongst the UK team and UK eCommerce community through events both internally and externally.
Ensuring that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
Cultural champion - along with the UK MD, champion all cultural initiatives to ensure a unified global Klaviyo culture, embodying and celebrating our core values.
Managing building KPIs.
Serve as the UK point of contact across the Office Management discipline across Klaviyo US and international.
Inventory & Ordering:
- Take weekly stock of our supplies.
- Ordering low inventory proactively but mindful of overall budget hygiene.
- Manage all catering requirements from office snacks to lunches, client visits and events.
- Receive packages and restock where appropriate
- Coordinate with a variety of vendors.
- Order in lunch and drinks for weekly meetings.
- Assist employees with sending and receiving packages.
- Respond to flagged facility-related items regarding our office.
- Work with the Knotel representatives as the key point of contact for Klaviyo.
- Key point to resolve issues presented, i.e. insufficient cleaning staff, repeating IT-related failures, malfunctioning conference room equipment, etc.
- Communicating with the property manager or electrical engineer when necessary.
Culture Implementation and Event Planning:
- Create and Implement new company wide traditions.
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between Klaviyos, including overseeing events, office communications and new starter walk-throughs.
- Work with the marketing and sales team to execute on onsite events such as meetups, workshops and “surgery hours”.
- Ensure traditions run smoothly.
- Partner with Events Committee to plan company wide events on both the small and large scale.
- Proactively find ways to reinforce our values.
- Consistently find ways to surprise and delight our Klaviyos, making their experience awesome (while being cognizant of budget considerations)
Office Support and Project-Based Tasks:
- Provide general support to Klaviyos while acting as a liaison between employees and HR.
- Assist the EMEA MD on relevant company-wide projects.
- Make frequent trips to the kitchen area, ensuring cleanliness.
- Tidy conference rooms regularly.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- 3+ years in office managementExperience with general UK labor and employment practices highly preferred