About Klick Health
Klick Health is the world’s largest independent, full-service marketing agency and commercialization partner for life sciences. For over two decades, Klick has been laser focused on developing, launching, and supporting life sciences brands to maximize their full market potential. Klick has been named Agency of the Year six times over the last eight years by the industry’s leading publications. For the latest updates, follow Klick Health on Twitter: @klickhealth. There’s something different here.
About Our Creative Craft
The Creative team features an incredible array of experienced, fearless, smart visionaries, capable in all media and technologies, and united by a common goal: to build brands that solve a human need. It requires hard work, a healthy dose of imagination, and a passion for craft to make work that stands out in the world. We’ve got super-smart, friendly, and caring people who put their hearts and souls into the clever work that they create for our clients in order to deliver thoughtful creative messaging to the patients they serve. And the best part? We have a ton of fun while doing it.
Position Title: Supervising Producer
Team: Production, as part of the Creative department
Reports to: Executive Producer
Role Description and Expectations
As the Supervising Producer, you will build and lead a team of Producers that will bring Klick’s ideas to life. You also act as one of our most senior producers and will also produce work yourself.
You are many things: a maker, a leader and a production mentor for the team. This position will focus heavily on broadcast production but will also execute integrated projects in video, animation, digital, experiential and audio. You are the key point of contact for the creatives and will work closely with the Executive Producer and Executive Creative Directors to ensure all projects are appropriately scoped, staffed and executed.
You are the person who gets the work made and out to the world, while supporting the Executive Producer by upping and expanding our production capabilities, keeping production budgets top of mind and driving creative quality. You also know who to call - vendors, directors, creative partners, production houses, freelance individuals, etc. You are confident in the end-to-end making of commercials and trafficking them. From conception through post-production and the delivery of final assets, you are a seasoned professional and innovative leader who isn’t afraid to optimize processes. Fundamentally, you are a fixer who creates and manages the foundation of a highly productive team that supports all departments at Klick and owns the quality of the delivery of our ideas. Team members look up to you, colleagues have you on speed dial and project managers AND creatives think of you as a secret weapon on how to scale value while achieving BIG creative goals.
- Provide production leadership and ownership for the production team
- Oversee the production approach, scope and budget for projects across various media with a focus on broadcast production and large-budget executions
- Support key stakeholders across multiple Klick business units as a shared service leader
- Build and foster creative partnerships, both within Klick and with external vendorsCollaborate with the creative team across all clients
- Support the Executive Producer in developing production standards and quality metricsRespond to new production requests from within Klick as a consultative scoping partner
- Own the needs of production requests in order to resource expertise effectively and also asses our team’s capacity to deliverParticipate in creative brainstorming, pitching, and pitch development
- Support the expansion of our production offering by growing current and new services, including: video creation, content producing, broadcast trafficking, and more
- Collaborate with the Production Operations Lead to resource all work effectively
- Collaborate with the Production Operations Lead to develop and implement best practice production company processes, operations, and workflows
- Recommend new processes, while also developing plans to socialize and implement these processes in partnership with the Executive Producer and Creative leadership
- Manage, build and mentor a team of producers, both staffed and freelance
- Collaborate with the internal video production team by providing producer support on billable and non-billable projects and resourcing the team of producers to these projects
- Teach your rare and excellent blend of creativity and business acumen to help develop the team
- You are the ultimate creative partner and foster relationships rooted in trust, truth and empathy
- You are a “yes, and …” producer and you coach others to come from a solutions-oriented place
- You love achieving “firsts” and pushing boundaries - you work hard to have this right You have an exceptional attention to detail and deeply enjoy the menusha
- You have the ability to think creatively while also delivering and working within structure You have a positive and giving attitude and you adapt to and lead change
- You are a highly effective oral and written communications skills - you are a fantastic presenter
- You build stakeholder rapport and trust - you are skilled at resolving internal conflict You have advanced people skills - training, performance management, evaluation
- You are a coach
- Seasoned at outlining a long-term working timeline with large teams
- Skilled and confident in seeing production through from conception to final cut
- Exception abilities in estimating costs for production, especially broadcast and content
- Financial literacy - must have experience scaling budgets to “right-size” for creative ideas
- Large budget experience: Multi-million-dollar budget experience in multiple currencies
- Deep familiarity with contracts requirements for content production in Canada and United States
- A tech wizard and tech savvy
- Advanced skills in: Excel, Smartsheets, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Knows all the right people: talent, vendors, creative partners, directors and more
- Experience with legal, contracts, risk and compliance
- Advanced resource management skills - time, quality and needs assessments
- An AMAZING template maker and process wizard
Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a related field is an asset or equivalent work experience in the production, broadcast, film, theatre, live entertainment, content and/or show development or large scale sporting events
- 10+ years of experience in 360 production with a focus on broadcast is required including leadership experience
- Experience working in an agency setting is required
- Experience working with clients in life sciences is an asset
- Experience producing in a regulatory environment or in a regulated industry is an asset
- Experience working abroad is an asset
Please note: A reel and/or case studies will be required for the interview process for this position
What makes Klick different?
You’ll work on numerous multi-million dollar brands—the size and breadth of the accounts here are incomparable to most agencies. We believe in putting our people first, and always make that our priority. This and our other timeless principles have made all the difference in our over two decades of success. By having an entrepreneurial spirit, playing the long game, considering outcomes over optics, and solving challenging problems through our hacker roots, we live our difference in all that we do. You’ll get to experience a high level of trust and be given the freedom to make decisions, judgment calls, and function with autonomy. If you have an idea, run with it! You’ll be encouraged to let your entrepreneurial spirit flourish and you’ll work with incredible teams that you can learn from, contribute to, and who will support you every step of the way!
Klick embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.