We need detail oriented, architecturally strong software developers who know how to get things done. Working at Klick as an Application Developer is a highly rewarding experience, with a lot to love. Some people love the chance to use innovative technologies; Other people find deep meaning in helping our clients market life-saving medications to their customers; still others enjoy the deep sense of friendship and camaraderie Klick's culture embodies.
We’re not picky about what tools, languages or frameworks you know. We want to know how smart you are and what you’ve accomplished, whatever your platform of choice. Our belief is that if you have the “right stuff” learning a new language or framework is much easier than learning how to be the kind of motivated leader who will succeed here at Klick.
Of course this assumes you’re open-minded about the tools you use and more interested in the type and complexity of the problems you’ll get to solve than the tools you’ll use to solve them.
- End-to-end development of software systems from architecture and design through development to deployments and maintenance.
- Providing input to the technology leadership, project management and account teams to define deliverables and timelines.
- Experiment with and evaluate new technologies.
- Experience with web stacks such as Node.js, .Net, PHP or similar
- Experience with designing or querying databases
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals and development process and strategies (e.g., TDD, unit tests, domain driven design, etc.)
- Experience implementing calls to pre-existing APIs as well as developing server side APIs
- Analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Team orientation and sparkling interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, the Sciences or Mathematics
- Experience with continuous deployment tools.
- Hands on experience with serverless architecture using services like AWS VPC, EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, and Lambda
- We expect all of our developers to be exceptionally proficient at coding. As a self check, you should be able to do the following two questions in your sleep using your favourite programming language.
- Reverse a simple words-only sentence ("bob likes dogs" -> "dogs likes bob")
- Join two tables on a field using SQL
Klick embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.