New York /
About Klick Health
Klick Health is the world’s largest independent, full-service marketing agency and commercialization partner for life sciences. For over two decades, Klick has been laser focused on developing, launching, and supporting life sciences brands to maximize their full market potential. Klick has been named Agency of the Year six times over the last eight years by the industry’s leading publications. For the latest updates, follow Klick Health on Twitter: @klickhealth. There’s something different here.
About Our Creative Craft
The Creative team features an incredible array of experienced, fearless, smart visionaries, capable in all media and technologies, and united by a common goal: to build brands that solve a human need. It requires hard work, a healthy dose of imagination, and a passion for craft to make work that stands out in the world. We’ve got super-smart, friendly, and caring people who put their hearts and souls into the clever work that they create for our clients in order to deliver thoughtful creative messaging to the patients they serve. And the best part? We have a ton of fun while doing it.
Position Title: Junior Copywriter
Reports to: Copy Supervisor or Group Copy Supervisor
Role Summary and Expectations
The Junior Copywriter is responsible for the generation and execution of creative concepts from design through finished product with their art partner. They ensure that work adheres to client’s marketing strategies and objectives, meeting deadlines within budgets on client projects. In this role, the Junior Copywriter acquires a basic understanding of Klick Health departmental procedures, such as: routing, usage rights of stock and images for layout as well as other internal procedures and solutions practiced by our creative craft.
- Learns the components of a creative brief and how to interpret strategic insights into creative execution
- Analyzing and interpreting data from clinical studies, presentations, and published papers; and looks for graphic opportunities to to visualize data clearly and effectively
- Develops general medical knowledge in therapeutic areas of primary accounts and understanding of audience needs (e.g., physicians, patients, sales reps)
- Understands agency/client review and routing systems; makes revisions to agency copies, identifies problems or inconsistencies, solves problems by reviewing with supervisor / Client Service
- Contributes innovative ideas appropriate to the client’s marketing strategy that challenge the status quo
- Writes copy for assignment projects that is on strategy and in language that's original, compelling, and distinctive; performs basic proofing/editing on all copy, paying strict attention to details of copy/art agreement
- Makes sound, timely decisions regarding need to change work in progress and reports them to supervisor; resolves problems within areas of direct responsibility
- Work with art partner to support creative approaches to communicate Brand personality and messages for both the overall campaign and individual materials
- Ensures formatting consistency across all deliverables (e.g. brand guidelines, typesetting, templates, logos, fonts, etc)
- Clearly understands and follows Klick's file naming/folder/sever structure and organizes brand assets
- Accurate and timely billable hour input via scheduler/daily pulse
- Collaborates with team members in a supportive and productive manner
- Demonstrates a curiosity and drive for continuously learning about industry trends
- Explores and incorporates continuous learning on the Cs and Ps of the business; company, customer, competition, product, price, promotion, place, and performance) and how these impact Klick's client work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Computer proficiency; working knowledge of word text programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, Writing or related discipline
- 0-1 year of related experience in an agency setting
- Portfolio of work (school/spec work is fine), demonstrating strong conceptual capabilities and strong sense of design
Klick embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.