Senior Web Developer
We’re looking for a talented Senior Web Developer to play a significant role in Genome's ongoing transformation. Genome is an innovative 100% in-house developed intranet system that allows Klick to do things very differently than the typical agency. It’s our enterprise software that everyone at Klick uses daily to manage tasks, stay on top of projects, connect socially, absorb powerful insights, and so much more.
We need detail oriented, architecturally strong software developers who know how to get things done. We're mostly not picky about what tools, languages or frameworks you know. We want to know about how smart you are and what you've accomplished. Whatever your platform of choice. Our belief is that if you have the "right stuff" learning a new language or framework is much easier than learning how to be the kind of motivated leader who will succeed here at Klick. Of course, this assumes you're open-minded about the tools you use and more interested in the type and complexity of the problems you'll get to solve than the tools you'll use to solve them.
- End-to-end development of software systems from architecture and design through development to deployments and maintenance
- Provides input to the technology leadership, project management and account teams to define deliverables and timelines
- Experiment with and evaluate new technologies
- 5+ years developing website and web applications
- Applied knowledge of web and mobile development best practices
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Understanding of programming fundamentals and development process and strategies (ie: software development models, database systems, TDD, unit tests, domain driven design, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team orientation and sparkling interpersonal skills
Nice to Have:
The position offers challenging and rewarding work. If you feel this is a good fit and are interested in exploring it further, we would love to hear from you.
Klick embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.