Senior Broadcast Producer
About Klick Health
Klick Health is the world’s largest independent, full-service marketing agency and commercialization partner for life sciences. For over two decades, Klick has been laser focused on developing, launching, and supporting life sciences brands to maximize their full market potential. Klick has been named Agency of the Year six times over the last eight years by the industry’s leading publications. For the latest updates, follow Klick Health on Twitter: @klickhealth. There’s something different here.
About Our Creative Craft
The Creative team features an incredible array of experienced, fearless, smart visionaries, capable in all media and technologies, and united by a common goal: to build brands that solve a human need. It requires hard work, a healthy dose of imagination, and a passion for craft to make work that stands out in the world. We’ve got super-smart, friendly, and caring people who put their hearts and souls into the clever work that they create for our clients in order to deliver thoughtful creative messaging to the patients they serve. And the best part? We have a ton of fun while doing it.
Position Title: Senior Broadcast Producer
Team: Production, as part of the Creative department
Reports to: Executive Producer
Role Description and Expectations
As Senior Broadcast Producer, you will bring Klick’s broadcast and video content ideas to life.
You are many things: a maker, a leader and a production mentor for junior producers and video team members. This position will focus on broadcast production, but will also execute video and digital content projects. You are a production partner for the creatives and will work closely with the Executive Producer and Supervising Producer to ensure all projects are appropriately scoped, staffed and executed.
You are the person who gets the work made, while keeping production budgets top of mind and driving creative quality. You also know who to call - vendors, directors, creative partners, production houses, freelance individuals, etc. You are confident in the end-to-end making of commercials and trafficking them. From conception through post-production and the delivery of final assets, you are a seasoned professional. Team members look up to you, colleagues have you on speed dial and project managers AND creatives trust you to deliver.
- Provide production leadership for broadcast projects and broadcast client portfolios
- Create broadcast content and broadcast quality content as a lead producer
- Consistently deliver accurate scopes and budgets for broadcast and content deliverables
- Build and foster creative partnerships, both within Klick and with external vendors
- Collaborate with the creative team across all clients in Canada and the United States
- Respond to new production requests from within Klick as a consultative scoping partner
- Mentor junior producers and video team members on broadcast production
- Collaborate with the Production Operations Lead to resource all work effectively
- Collaborate with the internal video production team by providing producer support
- You are a creative partner who knows broadcast production and is confident in this area
- You are a “yes, and …” producer and you coach others to act this way
- You love achieving “firsts” and pushing boundaries - you work hard to have this right
- You have an exceptional attention to detail and deeply enjoy the menusha
- You have the ability to think creatively while also delivering and working within structure
- You have a positive and giving attitude and you adapt to and lead change
- You are a team player and a leader for your craft
- You get it done and people like working with you
- Must have agency experience as a broadcast producer
- Seasoned at producing broadcast commercials - in Canada, and ideally also in the US
- Worked on union and non-union sets - working with ACTRA/SAG union talent is a must
- Skilled and confident in seeing production through from conception to final cut
- Experience in the pre-production, production and post phases for live action, animation, and hybrid concepts
- Knows the right people: casting agencies, directors, production companies, and more
- Experience at leading vendor RFPs
- Experience casting union and non-union acting and voice talent in Canada and the US
- Experience directing production companies and studios
- Exceptional abilities in estimating costs for production, especially broadcast and content
- Experience scaling budgets to “right-size” for creative ideas
- Familiarity with contracts requirements for content production in Canada and the US
- Advanced skills in: Excel, Smartsheets, PowerPoint, Google Suite
Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a related field is an asset or equivalent work experience in the production, broadcast, content and/or show development
- A reel and/or case studies will be required for the interview process for this position
- 7+ years of experience in broadcast production at an agency
- Experience working at a network agency is a plus
- Experience working on location outside of Canada is a plus
- Experience producing US commercials is a plus
- Experience working with clients in life sciences and/or pharma is an asset
- Experience as an integrated producer is a plus if broadcast requirements are satisfied
What makes Klick different?
You’ll work on numerous multi-million dollar brands—the size and breadth of the accounts here are incomparable to most agencies. We believe in putting our people first, and always make that our priority. This and our other timeless principles have made all the difference in our over two decades of success. By having an entrepreneurial spirit, playing the long game, considering outcomes over optics, and solving challenging problems through our hacker roots, we live our difference in all that we do. You’ll get to experience a high level of trust and be given the freedom to make decisions, judgment calls, and function with autonomy. If you have an idea, run with it! You’ll be encouraged to let your entrepreneurial spirit flourish and you’ll work with incredible teams that you can learn from, contribute to, and who will support you every step of the way!
Klick embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.