Vice President (VP), Stakeholder Coalitions
Any Office /
Policy & Advocacy /
About Klick’s Policy & Advocacy Practice
The Policy & Advocacy practice partners with our clients and internal teams to deliver insights, analysis and strategies to help clients understand and shape the environment in which they operate.
The Policy & Advocacy practice has smart, dedicated, and team-oriented individuals who work with diverse cross-functional teams to do the right thing for our clients. We apply the rigor of best practices while continually evolving our ways of working to improve our delivery and client outcomes.
Title: Vice President (VP), Stakeholder Coalitions
Reports to: Senior Vice President (SVP), Policy & Advocacy
The Vice President (VP), Stakeholder Coalitions is responsible for defining, evolving, implementing and overseeing strategies to help clients understand and partner effectively with stakeholder organizations in health, such as patient groups, professional societies and think tanks.
This is a leadership role in the organization, and the successful candidate will need to combine health experience with business acumen and an ability to work across disciplinary boundaries. In addition, this person must be able to learn quickly and educate a wide variety of disciplines throughout the organization. As a visible leader at Klick, this person recognizes the abilities within others, and develops skills to ensure ongoing growth for the business. To succeed at Klick, you’ll need to love a fast pace, approach challenges with optimism, believe that big things are possible, and know that you’re only as good as your team.
- ·Develops thoughtful, well-informed and insightful strategies
- ·Implements those strategies with skill and deftness
- ·Leads high performance teams and delivers cross-functional team excellence
- ·Fosters and models a diverse and inclusive work environment across teams
- ·Creates a centre of gravity for attracting and retaining top tier talent, with high performing skills in project and program management
- ·Leads, manages, and creates an inclusive environment for global, geographically distributed teams
- ·Rallying teams by adding clarity and providing support, coaching, and guidance
- ·Continually evolves processes and frameworks to drive greater efficiency, quality and consistency across the organization
- ·Leads and owns cross functional initiatives with effective use of delegation, follow-up through team empowerment
- ·Partners with senior leadership to support a diverse and sustainable growth strategy
- ·Balances short-term and longer-term planning objectives and results, by anticipating potential risks and opportunities
- ·Ensures positive client experiences and delivery
- ·Has an inquisitive and dedicated mindset, to deeply understand and support every client organization, partnership, and alliance across business disciplines
- ·Continually challenges conventions and provides creative approaches and solutions for the organization and clients, resulting in delivering excellence
- ·Has a restless, open, and inquisitive approach towards identifying and resolving challenges/problems
- ·Provides thought leadership across the organization and for clients, to improve and advance capabilities and ways of working
- ·Delivers actionable insights from a variety of complex data sources to diverse audiences
Key Requirements - Skills & Knowledge
- ·Knowledge and experience of creating and sustaining effective stakeholder partnerships in health
- ·Knowledge and experience of working in vaccines or oncology is desirable but not essential
- ·Experience in working in a communications agency or a health communications function
- ·Advanced communication and presentation skills
- ·Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- ·Exceptional client service mindset, in both delivery and solutions
- ·Sound judgment in decision-making and problem-solving
- ·Understanding of agency/marketing/sales environment is helpful but not essential
- ·7+ years of professional and leadership experience
What Makes Klick Different?
We believe in putting our people first, and always make that our priority. This and our other timeless principles have made all the difference in our over two decades of success. By having an entrepreneurial spirit, playing the long game, considering outcomes over optics, and solving challenging problems through our hacker roots, we live our difference in all that we do. You’ll get to experience a high level of trust and make impactful decisions, judgment calls, and function with autonomy. We fully embrace new thinking. If you have an idea, let’s talk! You’ll be encouraged to let your entrepreneurial spirit flourish and you’ll work with incredible teams that you can learn from, contribute to, and who will support you every step of the way!
Klick embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.