Senior Backend Engineer - Data
San Jose, CA, USA /
- Design, develop and maintain services and components across Kloudio’s platform, data and web applications.
- Build APIs with Swagger documentation according to the specifications.
- Create secure and well-tested libraries that enable modular, extensible design.
- Build connectors to various third party cloud applications/web services.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and mentoring of engineers
- Take full ownership of projects and features from architecture to deployment.
- Partner with customers, engineers, product managers and designers to deliver end to end capabilities
- Recommend and lead continuous improvements to performance, reliability and tooling.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in software development with strong CS fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience working in Python or NodeJS.
- Experience with test-driven development and frameworks (e.g. PyUnit, Mocha, Jest, JUnit).
- Expertise with data stores and database technologies (such as MySQL, PostGres, Redis, Mongo), schema design, SQL.
- Experience with Data orchestration, pipelines and workflow engines (such as Airflow).
- Experience building, deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience working in a DevOps model and releasing using continuous deployment pipelines with Docker containers and Kubernetes is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area OR US-Remote friendly.