Principal Product Designer (Remote Friendly)
San Francisco, CA, USA /
Kloud.io's vision is to democratize access and analysis to business data for all knowledge workers. As the Principal Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for defining our end to end customer experience. You'll have the amazing opportunity to design dynamic experiences for our prospects and customers. You will work closely with product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to ensure the defined strategic outcomes are achieved. You will be working in an environment where collegial sparring is key to the best ideas, you will also be expected to use creativity and drive to bring new features and ideas to market.
- Leading UX by establishing clear definitions of quality to enable your team to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects
- Working as a strategic partner with leadership in Engineering and Product Management to define the overall strategy and direction for your area
- Developing deep domain expertise in the analytics, spreadsheets, and ETL space
- Developing and shipping with speed, consistency, and quality. We have immediate needs to deliver value to our users today while setting ourselves up for our vision of tomorrow
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Kloud.io platform
- Deep experience leading teams in a multidisciplinary environment that have shipped simple, well designed and rationalized products to solve complex customer needs
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modeling, wire-framing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- A proven track record of management and mentorship that points to your ability to help people grow and succeed in their careers
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long term with vision and strategy
- Comfort balancing out team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and providing input for product decisions
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Kloud.io
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area OR US-Remote (preference would be to align to PST working hours).