Sales Development Representative
Marketing – Sales Development /
👋 You found us. Awesome. Something led you here, maybe a glimpse of potential and something amazing? Well that’s how we feel about Klue.
Who are we?
Klue is a VC backed, capital-efficient high growth SaaS. Tiger Global and Salesforce Ventures led our US$62m Series B in the fall of 2021. We’re creating the category of competitive enablement: helping companies understand their market and outmaneuver their competition. We benefit from having an experienced leadership team working alongside several hundred risk-taking builders who elevate every day.
We’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone HC, a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 winner, and recipient of both the Startup of the Year and Tech Culture of the Year awards at the Technology Impact Awards.
We’re growing and currently looking to add Sales Development Representatives to our team.
SDR’ing ain’t easy. But that doesn’t scare you because of your burning passion for sales and chase for wins. B2B companies you've heard of are working with us - like Dell EMC, Cisco, and Red Hat. You’ll target and speak to teams at some of the most well known brands.
(P.s. We call our SDRs "Account Specialists" if you're having troubles finding them on LinkedIn)
What you'll be doing:
- Output focused: you’re driven by targets, metrics or goals. Nothing will stop you from not only achieving your goals, but you’re constantly motivated to BEAT them. You’re the type of person to set new records and your career goal is to be the best in sales.
- Hearing “no” won’t stop you, that only fuels you. You’re an optimist to a fault, full of energy, you can't be beat down.
- Generate leads through highly targeted outbound prospecting: You’ll build your own list, research and learn about a prospect, and craft A LOT of personalized messages. No joke, there’s a lot of writing involved in this role.
- You figure out what needs to get done and make it happen.
How We Work:
- Hybrid Work. Our main Canadian hubs are in Vancouver and Toronto, and most of our team is located in EST and PST. Ideally, this role would be located in Toronto or Vancouver. Your team will be in office at least 2 days per week, if you are within a reasonable commuting distance of the office, we’ll see you there!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base compensation
- Extended health & dental benefits that kick in day 1
- Opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Time off. Take what you need. We want the team to prioritize wellness and avoid burnout. Vacation usually falls into 3 categories: recharging, life-event, & keeping a work-life balance. Just ensure the required work gets done and clear it with your team in advance. You need to take at least two weeks off every year. The average Klue team member takes 2-4 weeks of PTO per year.
- Direct access to our leadership team, including our CEO
- Be part of a high performing SDR team - we win together!
$55,000 - $60,000 a year
The above range is reflective of the base salary band for this position. As an SDR, you will also be eligible for our uncapped commission plan.
We gather compensation benchmarking data across the BC & Canadian Tech Industry and use that data to build a range for our current team and future talent. Your exact salary is determined by experience level, skill, and capabilities.
If you feel like this role is a great fit and have questions about comp, get in touch and we’re happy to discuss further. There is always an ongoing conversation around compensation.
Lastly, we take potential into consideration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of the specifics listed above. If you know you have what it takes, even if that’s different from what we’ve described, be sure to explain why in your application. Reach out and let’s see if there is a home here for you now or in the future.
We’ve made a commitment to support and contribute to a diverse environment; on our teams and in our community. We’re early in our journey; we've started employee led resource groups, committed to Pay Up For Progress, and use success profiles for roles instead of 'years of experience'. We continue to scale our efforts as Klue grows. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #kluecrew. During the interview process, please let us know if there is anything we need to make more accessible or accommodate to support you to be successful.
All interviews will be conducted via video calls. We work in a hybrid model of WFH (remote) and in-office. We’re excited to meet you and in the meantime, get to know us:
✅✅ Win-Loss Acquisition (2023)
🅰️ Series A (2020)
🐅 Series B (2021)
🐝 About Us