Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technologist - Full-Time, Part-Time and Per Diem
South Portland, Maine
Chest Medicine Associates – Medical/Health Care
Full-Time, Part-Time and Per Diem
For 25 years, Chest Medicine Associates has been serving patients in the Greater Portland area and from throughout Maine and southern New Hampshire. Chest Medicine Associates is a medical practice devoted to specialty care in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine. Physicians in our practice are specially trained to diagnose and treat lung diseases, critical illnesses, and sleep disorders. Our physicians and staff are committed to providing high quality care, prompt medical attention, and a personalized approach to health care problems.
The Maine Sleep Center at Chest Medicine Associates is currently hiring full-time, part-time and per-diem Polysomnographic Technologists. Our sleep technologists work under the general supervision of the Medical Director and Maine Sleep Center Manager and provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including in-center and home sleep apnea testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education.
If you enjoy working as a part of a team and supporting providers by delivering excellent patient care and customer service, review the requirements and benefits below and reach out to us to apply!
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the patient-specific needs (physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history).
- Determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols. Review the patient’s history and verify the medical order.
- Follow sleep center protocols related to the sleep study. When patient arrives, verify identification, collect documents and obtain consent for the study.
- Explain the procedure and orient the patient for either in center or home sleep apnea testing.
- Provide age appropriate patient education.
- Select appropriate equipment and calibrate for testing to determine proper functioning and adjust if necessary. Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface fitting and desensitization.
- Associates degree in related field, or completion of accredited polysomnographic program required
- Minimum two years’ experience and Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
- Current CPR / BLS certifications required
- Excellent clinical, communication, customer service, and organizational skills as well as flexibility.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package (full-time) which includes:
- 13 days of accrued PTO in the first year, 9 Holidays
- Health, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance
- Retirement (401K) and Profit-Sharing Plans
- Free access to an onsite gym
No phone calls, recruiters, or walk-ins please.
Chest Medicine Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.