Business Development Representative
KMA Human Resources Consulting – Marketing/Sales /
Full-Time and Part-Time
KMA Human Resources Consulting is growing and looking for a Business Development Representativeto support Maine with focus on the Augusta and Northern Maine territory.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing team servicing a number of premier clients in New England.We are celebrating over 15 years of excellence helping organizations reach their business goals by serving as their human resources (HR) partner. We assist businesses recruit, hire, compensate, train, and retain their workforce.
This position offers flexible part-time or full-time hours and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team. Position will involve consistent regional travel. Strong preference for individuals with knowledge of Maine business development landscape and some experience in the field of human resources or similar service verticals.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of experience in sales preferred, ideally in payroll or human resources products or services
- Customer service or marketing experience in a professional services organization preferred
- Excellent technology and computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with CRM systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills including high proficiency in creating and editing written communications with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines and sales quotas
- Ability to build trust, establish credibility, and act with integrity
- Solid problem solving, business acumen, influence, and negotiation skills
- Strong time and project management skills a must
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed by KMA and prospective clients
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings or evenings
Responsibilities of the Business Development Representative:
- Researches and identifies prospective clients and updates information in customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Reaches out to strategic business partners to develop and maintain relationships and participates in meetings
- Proactively seeks new business opportunities in the market
- Qualifies and follows up with active leads in conjunction with Business Development Director
- Initiates contact with referrals and other potential client contacts to establish connection, prequalify prospect, and obtain information for meetings, follow up, and proposal or agreement preparation
- Meets with potential clients to build relationships, identify needs, and present services and solutions
- Prepares sales materials, documents, proposals, and client agreements in collaboration with KMA team members
- Follows up with active leads and other potential clients after an agreement is provided
- Negotiates with and follows up with prospective clients in collaboration with the Business Development Director
- Supports and participates in business development networking and sales events and follows up with prospects
- Enters, maintains, updates and tracks all data in relevant spreadsheets, (CRM) systems and other software for clients, prospects, and strategic partners; and generates related reports.
- Analyzes sales metrics in collaboration with sales team
- Supports activities for consistent branding of KMA
- Stays up to date on KMA service offerings, employment laws, and HR knowledge
What we offer:
- Opportunity for a flexible work schedule
- Distinctive benefits package
- Opportunity for career growth
- Collaboration with a highly supportive team
At KMA we recognize our employees have full lives, of which work is only one part. Backed by a collaborative and supportive team, our employees have greater work-life balance – which we understand is different for everyone. This uniquely flexible environment means our team members are less stressed, more fulfilled, and better equipped to contribute their strongest, most conscientious work for our clients.
At KMA, our maxim is: Do the right thing. For our clients, our fellow team members, and for ourselves.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.