Human Resources Coordinator
Southport, Maine /
Hodgdon Yachts – Human Resources /
Hodgdon Yachts is a full-service marine company with 2 locations on Maine’s beautiful midcoast (Southport and Damariscotta). We are a family-run business founded in 1816 and are considered to be the oldest continuously operating boatbuilder in the United States. We are currently hiring a full-time HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER who is passionate about building relationships.
Reporting to the CFO, the HR Manager is a critical role for Hodgdon Yachts. This position leads, develops, and directs all human resources activities including recruiting, retention, employee relations, benefits, onboarding, and compliance. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience, a strong desire to be part of a team, and the ability to interact with employees across all levels of the company.
Benefits: Multiple health plan options, health savings account with employer contribution, health reimbursement account, dental, paid holidays, PTO, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Develop effective recruiting practices, especially for hard to fill positions
- Establish relationships with boat-building and technical colleges and CTE schools
- Manage and actively participate in employee review process
- Maintain and update employee files
- Coordinate new employee orientations, employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing
- Coordinate annual benefit renewals with benefit providers
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience, or an appropriate combination of education and experience
- Self-starter that can work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.