Director of Human Resources
New Gloucester, Maine /
Otelco – Human Resources /
OTELCO is hiring for a Director of Human Resources to join to join their team, based in their New Gloucester location. OTELCO is a publicly-traded (NASDAQ: OTEL) telecommunications provider offering a full menu of business and residential voice and data communications solutions. OTELCO’s footprint spans seven states including Alabama, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont, and West Virginia.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for updating and implementing human resource strategies that support achievement of OTELCO’s strategic goals while overseeing talent acquisition and retention, compensation and benefits plan design and implementation, records management, employee relations and compliance. The Human Resources Director will oversee these functions for all employees across all seven states.
The preferred location of this position is in the New Gloucester office but consideration will be given to highly-qualified applicants from the Bangor area as well.
- Lead and supervise all HR personnel, providing oversight as well as hands on support as needed.
- Assist the Vice President of HR in designing and managing overall HR policy as well as the HR budget.
- Design and manage employee recruitment, screening, interviewing, and onboarding programs; interface and maintain contact with outside recruiters; participate in interviews for management and executive level positions.
- Work closely with senior management and the VP of HR to provide reporting, forecasts, turnover and staffing analysis, and other HR-related data analytics.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness and quality of benefits.
- Develop, recommend and implements personnel policies and procedures; maintains and updates employee handbook.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs, including modernization of employee files and employee-facing documentation.
- Maintain a working relationship with all department managers to offer support on employee relations, compliance issues and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a Human Resources focused role.
- Min of 2 years in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Willingness to travel to other office locations occasionally, while visiting the Bangor office weekly.
- Proven experience in a strategic HR role including HR policy creation and implementation.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Otelco is an is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.