Facilities Technician (Second Shift)
Pittsfield, Maine /
Puritan Medical Products – Skilled Labor /
Puritan Medical Products is hiring an experienced Facilities Technician to second shift to join their team saving the world, one
swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. If you are dedicated and ambitious, we
would love for you to help us keep growing. We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit,
welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done. So, join Puritan in the quest to get testing
supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to
advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working
32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as 401k and employee and
dependent term life insurance.
The Facilities Technician will perform routine building maintenance, installation, and repairs to ensure the
facilities are safe, clean, and available for use. The ideal candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades with experience in
HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems in commercial buildings.
- Performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance of Puritan facilities, including but not limited to
- carpentry, snow removal, landscaping, painting, plumbing, and electrical trades work.
- Conducts routine inspections and maintenance of heating, electrical, and air conditioning equipment;
- identifies more complex maintenance needs and effectively communicates with outside contractors as
- Inspects facilities and grounds for safety and security; identifies and resolves hazardous conditions.
- Follows safe working practices and complies with building codes.
- Performs custodial tasks, keeps building and grounds clean and attractive.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies, and maintains purchase records within authorized budget.
- Maintains records and logs of daily activities.
- High school diploma or GED and 1-3 years of hands on experience troubleshooting and repairing systems.
- Clean driving record.
- Knowledge and use of basic power tools.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective
- working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Management Systems used to control environmental systems.
- Knowledge of emergency plans.
- Experience working in a company operating under ISO, FDA, or similar quality systems or regulations.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.