Youth Worker-Hiring All Shifts-$3500 sign on bonus
Day One – Client Services /
Direct Service Youth Workers for Residential Program
New Gloucester/ Windham
Day One is hiring Direct Service Youth Workers for their New Gloucester and Windham locations. The primary function of a Youth Worker (Direct Support Specialist) is to engage and provide care and supervision of residents in the Day One’s Residential Substance Use Program on a regular basis as scheduled. Come make a difference in the lives of youth who are on the path of recovery.
Days/Evenings: 10 or 12-hour shifts (3-4 consecutive days)
Weekends: Friday 8pm – Sunday 10p, not to exceed12 hour shifts.
Apply today and receive a $3500 sign on bonus!
- Two years of relevant work or volunteer experience in human services preferred.
- Satisfactory driving record and be available to provide transportation to residents.
- Some knowledge of the juvenile justice system, mental health and trauma, substance use and recovery is preferred.
- Certified Residential Medication (CRMA) Licensure required for full-time staff within 6 months of hire and 3 hours of medication administration training required for part-time and per diem staff within 6 months.
- Good communication skills.
- Good limit-setting and role-modeling skills.
- Pay starting at $19.50 DOE with evening and weekend shift differentials.
- Health Benefits
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Retirement Savings
- Create and maintain effective relationships with residents by providing active listening and support when required by residents.
- Participate in meetings, in-service training and supervision and training groups as assigned.
- Dispense medication and maintain accurate medical records.
- Document client contact notes related to client discussions in a professional manner under direction of the program leadership.
- Ensure the safety and well being of the residential/transitional community and take appropriate steps when that is threatened.
- Supervise residents when on-duty, to ensure that the rules of the House are followed and needs of the residents are met.
- Supervise and engage program participants in recreational activities to foster community integration.
As a long-recognized leader in the prevention and treatment of youth substance use and, the merger with SMART Child and Family Services, adding treatment and support for adults with Substance use and mental health disorders, Day One has built a culture of excellence in all that it does. Serving Maine for the last 45 years, Day One is now growing and looking for great people to join their team!
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, familial status, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.