Senior Software Engineer
Biddeford, Maine /
GWI – Engineering /
GWI is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to join their growing team in Biddeford, ME (but currently working remotely). We are a company that builds the 21st century infrastructure which communities depend on to conduct their lives and grow their economy. We are a Certified B Corporation and on the 2020 Best Places to Work in ME list. Our networks are infused with our DNA of network reliability, neutrality, privacy, reliability, and security. These networks are vital for everyone; digital inclusion is a fundamental goal. Every day, we measure our performance not just on profit but on the positive impact our network has on the communities we passionately serve.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for:
1. The design, development, administration, and support of in-house applications and new projects serving GWI’s operations, internal users, and business or residential customers.
2. Defining Best Current Practices (BCP) and other corporate-wide standards.
A successful candidate is self-driven, creative, passionate about developing software, and possesses strong knowledge of software architecture and design.
- Design, implementation, training, documentation, and support of GWI’s application software environment
- Develop solutions with minimal guidance, participating and conducting in design code and testing strategy
- Support and manage applications including augmentation and optimization of existing schema and production of new procedures and functions to support new features
- Provide training, support and end-user documentation for operations and projects
- Define Best Current Practices for software development and lead the process of their implementation Support for in-house applications and new projects for all aspects of GWI operations
- Bachelor's Degree, Associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Creative and analytical thinker with attention to details and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Deep understanding of software development and software engineering
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated success in process improvement and adoption using Salesforce or similar platform
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Ability to provide team leadership in a non-managerial capacity. Mentorship, training, and department guidance is very important in this role.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
GWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.