Medical Assistant - Bonus potential of $1,000*
South Portland, Maine
Chest Medicine Associates – Medical/Health Care
Chest Medicine Associates is seeking a Medical Assistant to join their team of compassionate medical professionals. Chest Medicine Associates is a busy medical practice specializing in Critical Care, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine.
New hire incentive bonus potential of $1000 is available! *
The Medical Assistant contributes to providing prudent care to pulmonary patients in the outpatient setting and will have general clerical responsibilities to assist in the day-to-day operation of the office.
- Facilitates office visit by greeting patient and preparing for physician.
- Reviews medication list with patient and prepares prescriptions as necessary for the physicians. Attends examination as needed.
- Performs spirometry and/or six-minute walk tests and prepares results for physician in a timely fashion.
- Administers injections, PPD placement, dressing changes and appropriate recording of all at the direction of the NP/PA or physician.
- Responsible for preparing patient for outpatient procedures, obtaining consent, educating patient, fax appropriate documents to hospitals, and places follow-up calls post procedure to patient.
- Coordinates with Patient Care Coordinators on scheduling as needed.
- High school education or G.E.D. equivalent. Preferred/recommended-completion of an accredited school of medical assisting program with clinical experience acquired through a MA externship; or equivalent MA clinical experience.
- Must maintain a current BCLS certificate.
- Prior experience in a medical office environment preferred.
- Possess the sense of discipline to work in accordance with accepted clinical standards and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Possess the cognitive ability to understand patient’s medical records, physician’s orders and medical orders to be communicated to patient and hospital staff.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Typing skills are required.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge electronic medical record (EMR) is required.
- Must be able to tactfully and effectively communicate with patients, family members, coworkers and providers.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package (full-time) which includes:
- 13 days of accrued PTO in the first year, 9 Holidays
- Health, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance
- Retirement (401K) and Profit Sharing Plans
- Free access to an onsite gym
*New hire incentive payments are available for the certified or registered medical assistant selected, are taxable and paid in 3 increments within 2 pay periods after one (1), six (6) and twelve (12) months of employment. Direct hires only.
No phone calls, recruiters, or walk in’s please.
Chest Medicine Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.