Auburn, Maine /
Day One – Client Services /
Day One is hiring Youth Workers for their brand-new Auburn location. As a long-recognized leader in the prevention and treatment of youth substance use and, the merger with SMART Child and Family Services, adding treatment and support for adults with Substance use and mental health disorders, Day One has built a culture of excellence in all that it does. Serving Maine for the last 45 years, Day One is now growing and looking for great people to join their team!
The primary function of a Youth Worker (Direct Support Specialist) is to engage and provide care and supervision of residents in the Day One’s Residential/Transitional Program on a regular basis as scheduled.
We are looking for day, overnight and weekend coverage.
Days: 12 hour shifts or 4 10’s
Overnights: 10-hour shifts
Weekends: Friday 8pm – Sunday 10pm.
Apply today and receive a $1000 sign on bonus!
What you will be doing:
- Create and maintain effective relationships with residents by providing active listening and support when required by residents.
- Participate in meetings, in-service training and supervision and training groups as assigned.
- Dispense medication and maintain accurate medical records.
- Document client contact notes related to client discussions in a professional manner under direction of the program leadership.
- Ensure the safety and well being of the residential/transitional community and take appropriate steps when that is threatened.
- Supervise residents when on-duty, to ensure that the rules of the House are followed and needs of the residents are met.
- Supervise and engage program participants in recreational activities to foster community integration.
- And much more!
What you will need:
- Two years of relevant work or volunteer experience in human services preferred.
- Satisfactory driving record and be available to provide transportation to residents.
- Some knowledge of the juvenile justice system, mental health and trauma, substance use and recovery is preferred.
- Certified Residential Medication (CRMA) Licensure required for full-time staff within 6 months of hire and 3 hours of medical administration training required for part-time and per diem staff within 6 months.
- Good communication skills.
- Good limit-setting and role-modeling skills.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.