Financial Healthcare Consultant
Portland, Maine /
Stroudwater Associates – Consultant /
Financial Healthcare Consultant
Portland, ME/Nashville, TN/Remote
Stroudwater Associates seeking a Financial Healthcare Consultant, to be based in the Portland, ME office, Nashville TN office or Remote.
Requirements of the role:
- Assists in developing and delivering detailed financial with supporting strategic and operational recommendations to Stroudwater’s clients through consulting project activities. Stroudwater advises healthcare provider organizations.
- Proficient in financial analytics, cost report analysis and problem-solving
- Proficient in financial modeling concepts such as variable and fixed expenses, budgeting, billing and profit & loss and ability to work with numbers
- Proficient in articulation of financial and management concepts like workflows, productivity, compound annual growth rates, trend analysis
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal, written and presentations skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to travel 15-25%
- MBA, CPA, MHA, or similar graduate degree required or a combination of education and equivalent experience. Professional credentials and certifications are a plus.
- Three to five years’ experience in a healthcare or hospital financial management role with decision support, financial and operational improvement and/or reimbursement responsibilities.
- Experience with Critical Access Hospital and/or Rural Health Clinic highly preferred.
- One to two years of consulting or accounting experience a plus.
Benefits of the Job:
- Base salary range 90 -100k
- Robust incentive compensation program, including both individual and company performance related incentives
- Unlimited PTO after one year of service
- 100% of Medical insurance premium paid by firm
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Company funded Health Savings Account up to allowed IRS maximum
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with company match
- ESOP participation provided to all employees
Responsibilities of the Financial Healthcare Consultant:
- Conducts primary and secondary research and collects finance/operations information about a client or project.
- Completes comprehensive financial modeling and provides focused financial services using cost reports, financial statement, and operational information. Must have specific knowledge of utilizing cost reports to complete financial analysis.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of data related to financial implications of a project and develops exhibits that summarize the findings which are client facing.
- Conducts operational analyses, around staffing, productivity, throughput and related issues.
- Participates in development of client deliverables, e.g. financial modeling including charts, graphs, reports, and presentations.
- May accompany senior staff on client visits in a supportive role and lead client interviews
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
As a boutique expert-based healthcare consulting firm Stroudwater staff actively participate in a wide range of projects commensurate with experience and capabilities while applying the critical thinking skills and experience they have gained in previous healthcare organizations, or roles with a clinical focus to address client objectives.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.