Director of Finance and Administration
Falmouth, Maine /
Maine Audubon – Finance/Administration /
Maine Audubon is hiring for a Director of Finance and Administration to join their team in Falmouth and play a key role in the organization’s management. Maine Audubon works to conserve Maine’s wildlife and wildlife habitat by engaging people in education, conservation, and action. Maine Audubon traces its history back to 1843 and is the largest Maine-based wildlife conservation organization. Maine Audubon has eight wildlife sanctuaries, 10,000 members, 2,000 volunteers, and serves over 50,000 people annually.
The Director of Finance and Administration will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities, including accounting, finance, and budget forecasting. Additional responsibilities may include benefits administration and IT management.
- Oversee all financial operations and responsibilities of the organization.
- Prepare and interpret financial reports and analysis to be used by the appropriate internal and external stakeholders and assist management in decision making and ensuring focus on the proper metrics.
- Establish and implement short-and long-range department operational goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Develop annual budgets and financial forecasts and monitor and manage cash flow.
- Provide senior management and the Board with advice on the financial implications of various programs and activities.
- Lead an annual risk management assessment for the team, working closely with the Executive Director. This includes thought leadership as well as compliance and financial assessment procedures to evaluate risk across all divisions.
- Utilize the accounting software for tracking, reporting and compliance to maintain consistency across teams and provide guidance and process improvement to explore and expand the usage of the software.
- Oversee the annual financial audits, including preparation, reporting and onsite vendor management during the audit.
- Administer employee benefits
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and financial management roles is required.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is required.
- BS in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- MBA and/or CPA is desirable.
- 2+ years of IT management, administration or support experience is preferred.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- A working knowledge of Blackbaud software Financial Edge is also preferred.
Compensation is competitive and employee health care is covered at 100%.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Maine Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.