Beverage and Retail Manager
Vena's Fizz House – Management/Retail
We at Vena's Fizz House, located in Portland, Maine are high end but not highbrow, beverage nerds but not beverage snobs. We are passionate about all things fizzy & botanical - made with clean, fresh ingredients. And we LOVE our bitters. We’re not the average bar. We create an experience for all ages to appreciate a well-crafted beverage - with or without spirits. We love to share our knowledge and passion through an interactive experience at the bar and through our mixology class offerings. Our mixology shop features tools of the trade, and hard-to-find, old fashioned ingredients that include phosphates, bitters, shrubs, and tonics.
Does this hit a liquid alchemy nerve? Does it put you in a fizzy of excitement? We’d love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire a Beverage and Retail Manager to lead our team. The Beverage and Retail Manager plans, directs and oversees all bar and retail operations. This role will be responsible for managing staff, meeting product and service standards and maintaining an efficient workplace. The Beverage and Retail Manager will typically work a 40-hour week with additional hours as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing bar and retail mixology staff including overall performance and scheduling.
- Training of new staff members and regular meetings with staff to communicate company policy and procedures.
- Maintaining inventory levels in the bar and retail shop and ordering and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Addressing employee and customer inquiries, suggestions, or complaints.
- Ensuring completion of opening and closing procedures and checklists.
- Overseeing the presentation and preparation of beverages.
- Monitoring cleanliness and overall presentation of the bar and retail areas.
- Continued management of POS system.
- Compliance with laws regarding service of alcohol, licensing, and sale of tobacco. Monitoring of relevant changing legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- TIPS and ServSafe certifications required.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience required. Knowledge of basic employment laws.
- Strong retail sales experience
- Ability to exercise good judgement and maintain professionalism at all times.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong team player.
- Solid technical skills, knowledge of POS and scheduling software.
- Time management and proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
* Resumes will not be considered that do not include a cover letter *
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Vena's Fizz House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.