Associate Creative Director/Graphic Designer
Yarmouth, Maine /
Blaze Partners – Marketing/Sales /
Blaze Partners is looking for an Associate Creative Director/Graphic Designer to join our amazing team. Here's the pitch. We offer a robust, competitive benefits package including medical and dental (80% paid by Blaze), short- and long-term disability (100% paid by Blaze), 401k with 4% match, annual bonus, a generous paid time off policy, and use of company standup paddle boards, electric scooters and RV to name just a few. (Yes, you read that right. We have a company RV.) Blaze is also a B Corp, so we’re using our business as a force for good – working with companies in industries that are making the world a better place.
At Blaze Partners, the ACD works in conjunction with agency leadership in concepting, developing, designing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns on behalf of our clients. The ACD works in concert with in house and freelance creative teams and forges strong relationships with our clients. The ideal candidate utilizes brand and consumer insights to drive innovative visual creative solutions that yield positive business outcomes. This person will have experience with print, digital design, video production and web design, and have a constant desire to learn more about new trends and technologies in producing effective, award-winning work.
Note: This is not a remote position. We believe that working together in person yields a more collaborative and creative work environment and culture.
What you will you do as the Associate Creative Director/Graphic Designer:
- Partner with agency leadership, media and account teams, and fellow creatives (art, copy, video producers, stylists, etc.) in developing creative briefs and participating in the execution of the work.
- Oversee multi-channel production across print, digital (banners, emails, social etc.), video and web in ensuring strong creative solutions are developed.
- Take work from concept to final execution within established deadlines and utilizing agency production/time management software.
- Design (and often present) client-facing presentations, reporting decks and new biz decks with the creative use of infographics and information design.
- Manage and promote smooth workflow and communication between internal agency functions and between agency and client.
- Uphold quality standards for the agency.
- Establish strong relationships with clients, partners and freelancers.
- 5+ years of experience in an advertising/creative/agency environment
- Ability to lead creative and cross-functional teams with empathy, respect, encouragement and a collaborative spirit. Ability to lead complex projects and productions with a similar approach.
- True team player with strong written and verbal communication skills along with an openness to feedback
- Strong visual/conceptual and graphic design skills
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Experience with other web design and video editing tools a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, solid time management skills
- Openness and curiosity; a genuine desire to learn about our clients’ businesses and remain current on industry trends
- Highly Collaborative — Possess an innate desire to make everyone better. Blaze has curated a team of smart, talented and adventure-minded individuals who understand the importance of what they do, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Ego-free — Check it at the door. Come prepared to thrive in a fun, fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Results Driven — You are critical to our client’s success and know how to always bring it back to the results.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity - The path forward can sometimes look more like bushwhacking. You’re comfortable creating structure and defining best practices along the way.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.