Standard Waterproofing, Inc. – Operations /
Standard Waterproofing is seeking an Estimator, to be based in the Winslow office.
Requirements of the Estimator:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or similar field, OR 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in the commercial construction industry with a strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, with estimating software experience highly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently within scope of established guidelines and practices.
- Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read blueprints.
Benefits of the Job:
- Annual Salary of between $55,000 and $70,000 dependent upon experience
- 401k with Safe Harbor Match and Profit Sharing
- Monday through Friday schedule, no evenings
- Employee events and recognition awards
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Professional Development Assistance
Responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Estimate new projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Identify labor, material and time requirements by studying all documents gathered. Computer costs through analysis and prepare bid documents.
- Manage the daily details of projects that are either assigned or that are acquired within the designated management zone.
- Search out all avenues to bid on work. Avenues include but are not limited to works in progress, dodge report, visiting GCs, phone contacts, and online resources.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to gather details of the project.
- Study and understand the contract documents, specifications sections, drawings, addendums, and all updates through the bidding process.
- When needed, investigate jobsite conditions prior to bid date to understand and evaluate the site accessibility and other such items that might affect schedule/cost.
- Perform value engineering and negotiate bids.
- Manage multiple bids on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain estimate and bid documents within SWP’s system
Established in 1984, Standard Waterproofing has grown from specializing in masonry restoration and joint sealants to now providing a wide variety of services that protect the integrity and safety of the buildings you see every day.
In 2022 Standard Waterproofing purchased New England Fireproofing, adding a well-established line of work to our portfolio. With our continuous and expanding influx of diverse projects, such as Commercial, Hotels, Schools, Municipalities, Hospitals, Multi-Unit Homes etc. we’re ready for you to join our team!
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.