mWave – Accounting/Finance
mWave Industries, LLC is a leading global provider of innovative custom and commercial microwave antenna solutions with special focus on 60, 70, 80, 94 & 110 GHz Millimeter Wave Reflector Antennas. Our microwave antenna brands include the industry leading Mark Grid, Gabriel, mWAVE and Quickfire lines of terrestrial microwave antenna which are recognized worldwide for their robust designs and reliability. Established in 2004, we design and manufacture standard and custom microwave antenna products for commercial and government applications spanning the scientific, defense, and academic communities.
mWAVE recently was acquired by Alaris Holdings Ltd, a South African Company listed on the Johannesburg stock exchange.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the company financial planning and financial reporting, accounting and budget management. This position is hands-on and will serve as the only financial staff position in the US Market. It includes coordinating the relationships with outsourced partners for the HR and IT services to mWAVE. The position ensures the company accounting procedures conform to the internal financial control systems and works closely with the Managing Director as well as the Group CFO of Alaris Holdings in South Africa to ensure that the financial function adds value to further improve the financial performance of mWAVE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF FINANCE MANAGER:
- Direct, coordinate and report on company financial planning, forecasting, and budget management functions.
- Report the financial status of the company in an open, timely and accurate manner (annual reports, monthly accounts, fixed assets, receivables, payables, bank and cashflow management).
- Proactively evaluate and mitigate risks, and maintain internal controls considering changing trends and market/economic conditions.
- Identify, monitor, and report on the key performance indicators of the business.
- Safeguard all assets of the company
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and codes of business practice.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of regulatory and taxation reporting in terms of state and federal taxes and other company requirements.
- Coordination of annual financial audits and other compliance testing and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Implement and maintain ERP and/or financial and accounting systems, to include daily activity, monthly and annual closings, system maintenance and updates, system integrity and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate and assist with inhouse and outsourced human resources and information technology functions.
- Review and confirm accuracy of payroll
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Provide support to the Managing Director with cost accounting calculations for the company’s pricing strategy, and with other financial tasks as needed.
- Manage all company insurance policies in partnership with the Managing Director.
- Meet deadlines for JSE regulations regarding publication of results.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS OF FINANCE MANAGER:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with specialization in accounting.
- 3-4 years of applicable work experience within financial management / reporting in a global product sales and manufacturing environment
- Must be computer systems proficient and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to produce quality work within tight deadlines while managing multiple projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF FINANCE MANAGER:
- Candidate should have experience and demonstrated success in general finance, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, compliance, and production processes. Candidate should have strong communication skills, a high attention to detail, and ability to work in teams or alone. Should be competent in using database, Excel and resource planning software.
- English language proficiency
- Proficiency with MS Office, expert level Excel and Word required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision or other well-known ERP applications
- Ability to self-manage, take initiative, plan and prioritize, and work independently.
- Possess strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Very detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (often using Skype or other electronic means).
- Ability to maintain high level of enthusiasm and flexibility
Other Skills and Abilities:
mWave is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position includes a benefits package with company contributions to health, dental, vision, and life insurances, available STD and LTD, and a Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 - $75,000 annually, depending on experience.