Quality Control Specialist (Second Shift)
Pittsfield, Maine /
Puritan Medical Products – Quality /
Puritan Medical Products is hiring a Quality Control Specialist on second shift to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years and Inc.’s Company of the Year in 2020, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) and employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
- Performs testing of raw materials, in-process components and finished goods.
- Performs final release testing for finished goods.
- Supports the troubleshooting of technical and quality issues.
- Undertakes new procedures and observes proper safety precautions.
- Creates and reviews batch records.
- Maintains Good Manufacturing/Laboratory Practices (GMP/GLP).
- Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, Life Sciences or other related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience and 1+ years of laboratory and/or quality control experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a regulated industry preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with GMP, FDA, ISO and USDA regulations preferred.
- Ability to work either 1st or 2nd shift or weekend (as needed).
- Ability to perform technical procedures and use laboratory equipment.
- Working knowledge of internet software MRP Inventory/Manufacturing software and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Knowledge of inspection/measurement systems, systematic troubleshooting, statistics and data analysis.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.