Warehouse Supervisor (Second Shift)
Pittsfield, Maine /
Puritan Medical Products – Supervisors /
Puritan Medical Products is hiring for WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR/SAFETY LEAD on second shift to join their team saving the world, one swab at a time, at their new manufacturing facility in Pittsfield, ME. Join Puritan in the quest to get testing supplies to the professionals!
A family-owned business for over 100 years and Inc.’s Company of the Year in 2020, Puritan offers a comprehensive benefits plan, the opportunity to advance, and a warm and friendly employee-centric atmosphere. Benefits are available to employees working 32 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) and employee and dependent term life insurance.
We are looking for candidates who bring a cooperative spirit, welcome the opportunity to learn, and take pride in a job well done.
The Warehouse Supervisor/Safety Lead reports to the Director of Manufacturing and is responsible for overseeing and organizing incoming raw materials and the distribution to appropriate locations throughout the manufacturing facility. The supervisor will coordinate shipping of the finished product as directed by the Director of Manufacturing or their designee. The Safety Lead will coordinate all aspects and levels of responsibility as it relates to Safety and OSHA requirements for the Pittsfield plant.
- Oversees and directs the Pittsfield Puritan warehouse employees while maintaining compliance with ISO 13485 standards
- Schedules and oversees the efforts of all warehouse employees (1st and 2nd shifts), working with HR and the management team on personnel issues
- Receives and records new inventory as it is delivered; inspects and stores it according to policy
- Replenishes stock and inventory as needed
- Conducts physical inventory, compares results to stock levels within AS 400 computerized inventory system and reconciles differences
- Ensures all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse
- Transfers inventory to trucks for delivery in a timely manner and according to schedule
- Schedules materials being transferred to and from warehouse, coordinates transfer of inventory between departments
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices
- Monitors expenditures and implements corrective actions if needed
- Assists with hiring new employees. Identifies training needs of subordinates through observations and achievement
- Enforces operating instructions and safety policies while maintaining a safe and clean working environment with a keen eye for safety
- Oversees preventative maintenance on all warehouse equipment and resolves routine equipment issues (e.g. forklifts, shrink wrapping machines, pallet jacks, loading dock plates, etc.)
- Coordinates and manages the Pittsfield manufacturing plant’s Safety Requirements from daily safe working conditions to OHSA regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Key Skills Required:
- Effective communication skills, including writing, speaking, and active listening
- Excellent leadership skills, including the abilities to set goals, motivate, and manage conflict
- Good project management skills, including strong decision-making, problem-solving, and strategic planning abilities
- Proficient with data entry and inventory software and systems
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 requirements
- Advanced mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement methodology
- Operate electrical and manual pallet jacks in addition to Forklifts. Certification is required
- OSHA 10 Hour certification is required
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or higher in Business, Logistics, or equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of five (5) + years warehouse management experience
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs. and regularly lift up to 30lbs, handle tasks involving frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting, walking, and standing
- Must be able and willing to work in a fast pace environment
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Subject to DOT regulations offers might also be contingent on successfully completing drug testing. This position follows a Monday - Friday schedule and may require overtime.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Puritan Medical Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.