Client Services Contractor (Tuesday - Saturday)
What is Knewton? At Knewton, we believe each student is unique and that their knowledge is not defined by their last answer. Sometimes what a student needs at any moment may not be the next lesson in their textbook. Teachers, schools and education companies use Knewton solutions to adapt to each student’s unique needs with tailored recommendations. Join us to help students have a more positive educational experience.
What have we accomplished since opening our doors in 2008? We’ve delivered more than 15 billion (that’s right, billion) personalized recommendations to over 13 million students on every continent (okay, except Antarctica). We’re headquartered in beautiful Union Square NYC with offices in London and Tokyo. Investments top $150M from well-known angel investors plus Accel, Bessemer, First Round Capital, Firstmark, Founders Fund, GSV and Atomico.
Are you looking to help instructors and students while simultaneously changing education for the better? Do you thrive on building relationships and leveraging your creativity to deliver exceptional experiences? Can Freaky-Friday yourself into someone else’s shoes to better empathize and understand the situation? Do you want to make progress and help a company grow on a daily basis?
Come work for Knewton as a Client Services Contractor.
Client Services is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to the instructors and students who use our ridiculously awesome adaptive learning, educational courseware. Working with us, you have the chance to help improve our products by sharing customer feedback by supporting our customers.
We’re seeking someone available remotely from Tuesday - Saturday. This role will not exceed 40 hours per week. The hours are as follows:
Tuesday - Thursday from 3pm - 12am ET (12pm-9pm PT)
Friday - Saturday from 6pm - 3am ET (3pm - 12am PT)
This is a great opportunity to:
- Act as the key point of contact and communicate with customers to answer client inquiries via email, live chat and phone
- Demonstrate strong technical troubleshooting abilities to manage and track case tickets in a timely manner
- Become a Knewton courseware expert and provide the community with the materials and resources they need to effectively use Knewton products
- Provide super friendly and empathetically powered customer support
- Collect and share feedback from the community to inform product development and future client solutions
- Work with the Production Support team to escalate and resolve technical issues
- Create and manage user accounts and courses
- Develop internal knowledge base articles to address customer issues as needed
- Develop and update FAQs and external documentation for instructors and students as needed
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience providing exceptional technical customer support, preferably for a digital product and/or Higher Education
- Proven track record of escalating and resolving and technical and account issues
- Proficiency with Mac operating system and Google tools
- Familiarity with our CRM, Desk, as well as JIRA, Talkdesk and Intercom preferred
- Amiable and empathetic personality and approach to work
- Ability to quickly learn and apply subject matter taught in training
- Ability to work in a team oriented, fast changing environment
- Self-motivated, determined, and able to work independently and autonomously when needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated high level of organization and multitasking skills