Toronto, Ontario /
Retail – Retail Operations /
Full Time Permanent
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The District Manager is responsible for championing the Knix culture across all retail stores, leading a team of store managers, strengthening customer loyalty and driving business results & profitability. This position will lead by example through cultivating Knix’s values across the retail stores and partnering with Retail Operations, Merchandising & Planning, People Operations, Talent Acquisition, and Retail Marketing to institute best practices, policies, and standardized operational processes that support the store teams.
Successful candidates are people-first leaders who pride themselves on regularly connecting with and visiting the store teams to understand their goals, both personal and professional. This individual will be required to passionately lead, coach and empower the store managers to deliver a memorable in-store experience for customers, create team success, execute compelling in-store visual presentations, and operate with efficiency.
This position will be based near a Knix retail store, with a preference for Toronto or Vancouver and will report to the Sr. Manager, Retail Operations. In addition, this position will oversee all existing Knix stores across Canada and the US.
- You have unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- You have a passion for and interest in hiring, training, and developing people
- You have a bias towards action while also empowering your team to make decisions
- You are a results-oriented and collaborative leader who is able to influence internal stakeholders to align direction and achieve common goals
- You possess the creative, emotional, and intellectual agility to solve problems, influence peers, lead a team, and make good people and business decisions
- You love being on the retail sales floor and interacting with our teams and customers.
- You are an expert at building relationships and creating memorable experiences while coaching others to do the same
- You keep a pulse on the retail landscape and trends while also considering the local markets to help inform your decisions
- Above all, you are proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Regularly visit and spend time in stores to develop relationships with the store teams, network and monitor consumer and market trends.
- Proactively recruit talent for the stores, ensuring a healthy future talent pipeline
- Hire, train and directly manage the store managers
- Partner with the Customer Empowerment team, Merchandising, People Operations and Retail Operations to build and maintain a talent on-boarding and training manual and program, inclusive of product education, fitting experience, customer service guidelines, and visual merchandising excellence
- Focus on constantly developing and coaching store managers to own their stores as entrepreneurs, while ensuring they are actively developing their teams to build strong talent pipelines
- Ensure the store teams are focused on the sales floor, with clear prioritization of customer experience, visual presentation, and team coaching & development
- Relentlessly uphold our values and operating principles in the field.
- Provide insightful, data-driven and actionable feedback from the stores to Retail Operations, Retail Marketing, and Merchandising & Planning to inform business decisions
- Support the store managers to ensure all stores are seeing positive results, both financially and culturally
- Ensure store managers achieve financial goals with a focus on traffic, conversion, average order value, units per transaction, revenue growth, and payroll %
- Analyze and evaluate daily, weekly and monthly reports and data to identify ways to maximize sales and bolster KPI’s
- Provides business insights, guidance, encouragement and coaching to all store employees
- Work closely with the Retail Marketing team to devise traffic-driving marketing tactics and ensure your stores are integrated into the community.
- Support new store openings in partnership with Retail Operations, with a focus on the recruiting and hiring of a new team, training, & onboarding
- Minimum of 10+ years’ of retail management experience, with at least 3 years of multi unit experience
- Demonstrated experience in building, training and coaching successful retail teams, preferably as a multi-unit retail leader
- Self-motivated leader with strong entrepreneurial skills
- Keen ability to build relationships and leverage network to build a talent pipeline
- Innate guest-centric mindset and market-aware vision
- Shows elevated communication skills in English and can tailor style to suit the audience
- Creative and adaptable team player with a winning and positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time
- BA/BS preferred
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.