Social Media Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario /
Marketing – Content /
Full Time Permanent
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Social Media Coordinator plays a key role in supporting social media activity for Knix. The position will report into and work closely with the Sr. Social Media Manager to create and publish compelling content for the Knix brand across various social media channels.
The ideal candidate has experience with all social media channels, is highly organized, proactive, and willing to roll up their sleeves to assist the Content Team in realizing their vision for the brand. Expertise in the development of impactful multimedia content and desire to collaborate with our Content, Creative and Brand Teams to drive reach and engagement through our organic social channels is required.
- You bring a customer-mindset when problem-solving to best support with questions about product fit, shipping, or satisfaction with product etc.
- You have a bias for action when reporting any social concerns or crisis moments where problem-solving and quick decision-making comes into play
- You’re a strong communicator and feel empowered to offer personalized service which requires sound judgement and empath while also bringing keen attention to detail.
- You love to collaborate with various team members but can also hunker down and get things done independently
- You are adaptable and self-motivated. You thrive working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment – and it excites you!
- Above all, you’re proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Support team with channel management including managing, publishing and creating content for all social media platforms in accordance with calendars and cross-functional marketing activities.
- Assist in ideating, creating and/or briefing content for TikTok and Instagram, develop Pinterest boards, engage our Facebook and Twitter audiences daily. Attend events and photoshoots to capture photo/video, with the goal of turning it into engaging and impactful content across all channels.
- Support community management by engaging daily with our customers by responding to DMs and public comments across Knix’s social media accounts. Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create and build a strong network, while adhering to Knix’s unique brand voice.
- Moderating, and being able to react to public commentary from followers that reflects the Knix mission and voice requires a lot of focus and public language training.
- Collaborating with the Brand, Creative and Content Teams, to pitch and brainstorm new content and marketing ideas, including but not limited to: social media partnerships with influencers/ambassadors, new product launches, content themes, memes, trends, etc.
- Regularly review analytics and reporting to understand how our platforms are performing against our goals, and work collaboratively to improve our results. Understanding KPI’s and defining them specifically for social media, as well as tracking the performance of previous campaigns.
- Staying on top of what is trending in the digital/social media sphere, identifying what we can implement onto our own social strategies.
- Proficient in managing, publishing and creating content for all social media platforms and related apps, including: YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and CapCut.
- Strong content creation background, with experience capturing and editing mobile video content.
- Experience in community management with the ability to communicate & effectively problem-solve as well as de-escalate.
- Excellent writing, editorial and project management skills.
- Proficient in using Google, Microsoft Office and SproutSocial. Slack is a bonus too.
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in social media for a brand.
- Strong understanding of the fashion and lifestyle industries.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs and solid organization and time management skills, detail oriented and ability to focus and work efficiently.
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.