Director, Wholesale Partners
Toronto, Ontario /
Wholesale Operations – Wholesale Operations /
Full Time Permanent
Knix is a direct to consumer intimate apparel brand that is re-inventing intimates for real life. Through our innovative products and our engaged community, we are empowering people everywhere to be unapologetically free. Launched in 2013, we are one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and globally recognized as an innovator within the apparel space.
The Director, Wholesale Partners is responsible for growing the Knix brand and business with select wholesale partners in North America. This position will drive mutually profitable partnerships by fostering strong relationships with wholesale partners, developing consumer-focused growth strategies, working closely with internal stakeholders to activate wholesale partner plans, and executing the go-to-market process. In addition to leading account strategies, this role will be responsible for presenting product lines to existing and prospective wholesale partners, securing sales orders, tracking orders, managing order cancellations, allocating return-to-vendor and/or markdown budgets, tracking retail sales results, and delivering seasonal sales and profitability targets.
This position will also work with wholesale partners to ensure the presentation of Knix’s products is aligned to brand standards and seasonal initiatives. Finally, this position will be responsible for hiring and developing a Wholesale Operations Coordinator who will own the go-to-market calendar, lead the creation of sales and marketing toolkits (e.g. catalogs), and support the execution of the business. This position can be based in Toronto (Hybrid) and will report to the GM of Retail and Wholesale.
- You have unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- You possess strong business planning and forecasting skills
- You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and have a strong bias towards action
- You are a results-oriented and collaborative leader who is able to influence internal and external stakeholders to align strategy and achieve common goals
- You are able to translate your knowledge of the North America retail marketplace and prior wholesale partner relationships to drive impact and results
- You possess the creative, emotional, and intellectual agility to solve problems, influence people, lead direct reports, and make good decisions
- Above all, you are proactive, positive and inspired by Knix and our mission!
- Meet revenue growth and profitability targets for wholesale partners
- Lead, train and develop a Wholesale Operations Specialist
- Establish and cultivate relationships with representatives of wholesale partners
- Lead the budgeting and strategic planning for wholesale partners to deliver both brand and business objectives
- Align internal stakeholders to support growth strategies for wholesale partners
- Partner with merchandising to determine the right assortment strategy and product launch cadence that aligns with the market
- Lead the go-to-market process, including internal and external sales meetings for wholesale partners
- Develop sales and marketing toolkits, including fixturing programs, assortment plans, brand imagery, and technical product materials, to effectively service wholesale partners and bring the brand to life at retail
- Analyze ongoing business performance and broader market trends to build on areas of momentum or address shortcomings in sales or profit expectations
- 10+ years of work experience in wholesale sales and/or merchandising in the footwear and apparel industry
- 5+ years of experience with hiring, coaching and leading teams
- Excellent leadership skills and a keen interest in the coaching and development of team members
- Strong understanding of the North American retail landscape
- Experience working with a range of retailers, including mass merchant chains, department stores, and specialty retailers. The ideal candidate has worked with Nordstrom, REI, and/or Target
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skill-set, with the ability to manipulate and synthesize data using Excel or Google Sheets
- Keen ability to build relationships and leverage network of professional contacts
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be a proactive, independent, decision maker to drive the business forward
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to remain positive, proactive, and keep direct reports and cross-functional stakeholders engaged and accountable
- Ability to travel as needed across Canada and the US
- A bachelor's degree is an asset
How we Hire
Our people are what make Knix, Knix! Our people are passionate and have a strong belief in our mission. Our people are naturally curious and ambitious by nature. Employees feel respected and supported at Knix. We take an inclusive and equitable approach offering the same interview experience to every candidate we meet with. Knix is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate everyone and their intersecting identities. We know and believe that diverse and inclusive teams empower us to make better decisions and inspire innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.