Senior Backend Node.js Engineer
Remote in US
Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz.
We are seeking a passionate Backend Engineer to help us design and build our customer-facing APIs and backend services. You must be a developer with a keen sense of good system design and application architecture. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty.
- Design, build and maintain APIs and tools that power Knock’s internal and customer-facing applications. Communicate your designs to fellow engineers.
- Understand the data that power our applications, and be able to propose appropriate data models for new features.
- Build new services from scratch, as well as maintain existing applications.
- Provide secure and seamless integration of Knock’s applications to our SaaS partners.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- Must be U.S. based.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle software development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success. Comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem such as Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch.
- Strong SQL knowledge (Mysql or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging (We run on AWS RDS).
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Programming proficiency in Go or Python.
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes.
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time and are open to where you live and work.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 18 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.