Senior Golang Data Engineer
Remote in US
Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz.
We are seeking a passionate Senior Data Engineer to help us design and build our data infrastructure, data aggregation and ingestion platform. This platform powers our proprietary pricing algorithms, data analytics, and our internal and customer-facing applications such as Knock.com website. You will integrate data from various sources (MLSes, assessor/tax and parcel data), and manage full data lifecycle (ETL).
Our data stack consists of Go, Python and Scala. We use ElasticSearch, Postgres, and Spark heavily. We are ownership-driven, and you will own your projects from design, implementation to operation. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty.
- Design, architect, build and maintain big data infrastructure and tools.
- Write reliable and efficient programs to handle a broad set of big data use cases.
- Data qualification, verification and validation.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- Must be U.S. based.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle software development experience in data engineering, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong hands-on expertise with building resilient and reliable ETL pipelines.
- Programming proficiency in Go, and at least one of Scala or Python.
- Strong SQL knowledge (MySQL or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging.
- Experience working in the AWS data ecosystem (S3, RDS, EMR, Lambda, Redshift, MQs, Kinesis).
- Understanding of containerized workloads (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS).
- Strong desire to contribute to a rapidly growing startup and being comfortable with learning new tools and technologies.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Real estate markets, MLS assessor/tax and parcel data
- RETS/RESO APIs for extracting real estate data
- GIS datasets (shapefiles, GeoJSON, etc)Open source mapping data (OpenStreetMap (OSM), OpenAddresses)
- Apache Spark
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented, passionate and mission-driven peers disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Phoenix with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 18 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.