Site Reliability Engineering Manager
Research & Development – Infrastructure & Reliability Engineering
Kochava builds real-time tracking and attribution analytics tools for connected devices; serving the world’s top brands and apps. We analyze millions of requests every single day and are ramping up at an extraordinary pace to serve billions of requests every day.
The company is growing fast as we add new clients and services and we are looking to add talented, dedicated and innovative people who will strengthen our core team.
Kochava is looking for a passionate engineering manager to provide guidance and leadership to build our product and platform Site Reliability Engineering teams. You will provide mentorship, technical leadership, and expertise and provide a solid foundation to build successful teams. The services and applications that these teams support span multiple projects and provide the products and platforms that ingest billions of requests per day in a highly available, low-latency, and always-on environment providing analytics and mobile attribution tools for some of the most biggest names in the mobile space. This is a fast-paced environment, where you will be instrumental in steering the advancement of efficient, resilient and scalable services.
- Provide the expertise to streamline and optimize critical applications and services in a 24x7x365 environment located in Google Compute Platform, AWS, and physical data centers.
- Work directly with software engineering and infrastructure leadership to enhance the performance, scalability and observability of resources of multiple applications and ensure that production handoff requirements are met and escalate issues.
- Embed into SRE projects and on-call rotations to keep your skills sharp and stay close to the operational workflows and issues.
- Compile KPIs and evangelize the adoption of best practices in relation to performance and reliability across the organization.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues across the entire stack; hardware, software, application and network within physical datacenter and cloud-based environments.
- Provide a solid foundation for building and maintaining successful SRE teams.
- Maintain project and operational workload statistics
- Promote a healthy and functional work environment.
- Proven track record of designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining infrastructure on a large scale
- Software development experience using Go
- Experience leading high performing engineering teams
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes and Spinnaker experience preferred)
- Experience working in the Google Cloud Platform environment
- Software development experience using Go, PHP, Java, and/or NodeJS
- Experience with Kafka, MySQL, Influxdb, Elasticsearch, Redis, and/or Memcached
Kochava began in 2011 when a team of mobile and gaming professionals saw the need to better understand the feedback loop of user acquisition, engagement, and LTV for mobile applications. Through the process of creating apps for customers from a wide range of industries, we were repeatedly asked if we could shed some light on what media advertising efforts were converting and the effectiveness of their mobile ad spend by partner. Realizing a solution to these questions wasn’t readily available, we started designing and building a mobile measurement platform that would become Kochava.
Our HQ Location
We live and work in the wonderful ski resort town of Sandpoint, Idaho. Kochava has sales and agency representation in major markets worldwide, but we choose to grow our development and engineering infrastructure around Sandpoint, as it allows us to stay focused on cutting code while taking advantage of the community and quality of life the town offers to our team.
Kochava is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.