Simulation Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Simulation /
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a software engineer to join us to help design, architect, implement, and maintain our simulation capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Own the integration between our self-driving stack and simulation platform by writing and maintaining code, developing new features, and coordinating with the entire engineering team.
- Develop an understanding of all components in our self-driving stack, working with the team to determine the best way to simulate and evaluate each component.
- Write code to integrate our self-driving stack with our simulation engine.
- Develop new features to improve the fidelity of our simulation results.
- Design and implement novel evaluation metrics for measuring the performance of our self-driving stack.
- Coordinate with our external partners to drive new features, and integrate them with our internal workflows.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in computer science or related field, coupled together with hands-on practical software development experience.
- Desire to learn about all aspects of autonomous vehicles.
- Experience with complex software built with many moving parts and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern C++.
- High standards for software quality and rigor, and a testing-oriented mentality.
- Good communication skills, proven ability to be hands-on and iterate quickly.
Nice to have:
- Practical experience in one or more fields of robotics: perception, planning, localization, modeling, control, etc.
- Experience with software testing, continuous integration and deployment, and cloud technologies.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.