Software Engineer, Simulation
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Simulation /
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality, to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us to help design, architect, implement, and maintain our simulation capabilities.
In this role, you will:
- Own the integration between our simulation platform and all critical pieces of our autonomy stack
- Work with our technical leads and subject matter experts to engineer novel ways of testing and evaluating our algorithms, including for edge cases and rare events
- Develop new features to improve the fidelity of our simulation results and implement novel evaluation metrics for measuring the performance of our self-driving stack
- Write maintainable, clear, and concise code
- Coordinate with our external partners to drive new features and integrate them with our internal workflows
Let's chat if you have the following:
- Strong technical background (BS, MS, PhD or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or a closely related engineering field
- Excellent software developer with at least 3 years of experience writing production-level C++ code
- High standards for software quality and rigor, and a testing-oriented mentality
- Good communication skills and a collaborative bent
- Proven ability to iterate quickly and work hands-on
- Desire to learn about all aspects of autonomous vehicles
Bonus points if you have:
- Hands-on knowledge of one or more autonomous vehicle simulators
- Knowledge of modern C++ (c++14 and newer) and version control systems (e.g., git)
- Practical experience in one or more fields of robotics: perception, planning, localization, modeling, control, etc.
- An interest in defining autonomy metrics and evaluation strategies
- Experience with modern DevOps
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View we hope to return to one day
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
- Free catered lunch
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.