Robotics Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Systems
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a robotics software engineer to join us in designing and architecting our onboard software systems.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for a wide range of end-to-end robotics system development, from research to implementation, simulation, to on-road software deployment.
- Understand the overall system requirements and design components to meet them.
- Stay on the leading edge of current research in robotics and integrate new techniques.
- Use your understanding of robotics, physics, dynamics, and algorithms to consistently increase system performance.
- Be responsible for designing and writing loosely coupled, modern C++.
- Work on a variety of robotics systems including perception, localization, mapping, planning, and control.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in computer science and 2+ years of experience developing robotics systems in academia or industry. You enjoy working at the interface of software and hardware, and you are able to dig deep into an algorithm to figure out its properties.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are on deck when the team is blocked doing everything you can to get the team moving again.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.