IT Systems Administrator
Mountain View, CA
General & Administrative – IT
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. We are in the process of building a world-class team in the self-driving space. Our aim is to ship a product in the near future by taking a more focused approach to self-driving and pairing it with a very specific business case. We have a strong core team coming from the leading companies in the space and already have funding to continue growing the team.
We are looking for an IT Systems Administrator to provide management of all aspects of our operations including monitoring, resolution, administration, and engineering of a production environment. The candidate will help us ensure the health, uptime, and performance of our services, which rely on a hybrid infrastructure of Linux and cloud storage and compute. This role will also help provide support to employees with Linux/macOS desktop issues.
The candidate will be responsible for improving and maintaining our infrastructure, ensuring that it’s always on and always fast. Candidate will work closely with our engineers to design and implement systems to support our storage and infrastructure needs. The individual must be comfortable using and supporting automation systems to deploy and configure our applications in container and bare metal environments. You’ll think automation first and manual second. This individual must be comfortable in a cross-functional team environment and be willing to manage multiple tasks. The candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to complete tasks without a great deal of hand-holding.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on provisioning of services, monitoring, upgrading hardware and software, configuration management.
- Work within a cross-functional team-environment to achieve organizational goals.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests.
- Develop scripts in Puppet, Python, and Bash to automate the UNIX infrastructure.
- Install, configure and maintain Ubuntu and associated applications in an automated Puppet environment.
- Perform standard administration tasks (packaging, OS installs, patch management)
- Provide UNIX support to internal developers and engineers.
- Provide general desktop support for employees
We’re looking for somebody who:
- Has demonstrated significant experience in Linux Systems Administration (5+ years).
- Possesses fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least two of Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl.
- Has a general understanding of network design and configuration.
- Has a general understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc…).
- Is comfortable dealing with users with varying levels of IT knowledge.
- Is a team player who is nevertheless able to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in a large, highly available Linux environment.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Experience with AWS S3 and EC2.
- Strong Python or Perl programming skills.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits. Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.